How many hours a week are you working (MS1 summer)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JP2740

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm coming in about 8 hours a day, sometimes 10 hours for research. PI just told me I'll have to come in on weekends sometimes. Anyway, how long are you guys working?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Working an occasional weekend is not unreasonable. You'll be benefiting greatly from the research in the long-run, so I'd suggest you maintain a good attitude. You are not entitled to be in someone's lab, so consider it a great opportunity.

Yea I just don't want to burn out before year 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm coming in about 8 hours a day, sometimes 10 hours for research. PI just told me I'll have to come in on weekends sometimes. Anyway, how long are you guys working?

Just curious, why do you want to know?

Man I'm not down with that...luckily I got someone cool who lets me set my own schedule as long as I get crap done.

0 hours/week... it's all data work and can be done from the beach while sipping a pina colada or three.