how many hours studying per week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiggabot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm comparing how much studying the different specialties have. How many hours of studying to urology residents typically put in per week?

Members don't see this ad.

Just kidding.

I would say it depends on the time of year. The month before in service, 1-3 hours a night, depending on how busy you are.

Usually, I'll read 30 min to an hour a night. This will consist of focused reading and preparation for procedures the next day. On the weekend, I may sit down once and read 2 hours or so from Campbell's or AUA eLearning.

Finding time to study during your residency requires discipline. Or meeting with your program director to explain a poor in-service score. You'll figure it out.

Just kidding.

I would say it depends on the time of year. The month before in service, 1-3 hours a night, depending on how busy you are.

Usually, I'll read 30 min to an hour a night. This will consist of focused reading and preparation for procedures the next day. On the weekend, I may sit down once and read 2 hours or so from Campbell's or AUA eLearning.

Finding time to study during your residency requires discipline. Or meeting with your program director to explain a poor in-service score. You'll figure it out.

At your program do routinely go over the 80 hours? How common is this in urology?

edit: For the second question hearsay is fine.