how many pages long are all of obamacare's rules if published as a book ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restful

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

Long enough to make it even more unnecessarily difficult for doctors to keep their practices. anything above 0 pages is too long for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1 very long page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Long enough to make it even more unnecessarily difficult for doctors to keep their practices. anything above 0 pages is too long for it.

I'm curious, are you saying this because you believe everyone has a right to healthcare and that the system should be nationalized or are you saying you liked the status quo where hundreds of different private entities had absolute power to set their own arbitrary policy, cancel policies at any time, refuse coverage because of any previous condition, price a huge percentage of Americans out of the market(cherry pick), interfere with a physician's decisions/practice, and so much more?

Reactions: 9 users
I'm curious, are you saying this because you believe everyone has a right to healthcare and that the system should be nationalized or are you saying you liked the status quo where hundreds of different private entities had absolute power to set their own arbitrary policy, cancel policies at any time, refuse coverage because of any previous condition, price a huge percentage of Americans out of the market(cherry pick), interfere with a physician's decisions/practice, and so much more?

healthcare is both a privilege and a basic right. people should be able to have their health care needs taken care of, but doctors should be compensated fairly and respected without being screwed over by government or insurance companies. obamacare is garbage and does a terrible job at both. not to mention doctors weren't even involved as much as they should have been in the reform process, hence why bonehead politicians were saying stuff like "doctors are reimbursed too much. look at the bills you receive doctors are making hundreds of thousands of dollars in procedures off us". Giving doctors the shaft is outrageous in every way because they are responsible for each person's health. If doctors aren't respected, nobody's gonna be there to take care of these people's needs. Also, there was no real public option, just obama saying " this is what i want. go ****ing deal with it" like some stubborn teenager. It also had one of the sloppiest and most botched embarrassing implementations possible. and a single-payer system would have done a way better job at insuring and providing care for more people.

Hah, what a question!

healthcare is both a privilege and a basic right. people should be able to have their health care needs taken care of, but doctors should be compensated fairly and respected without being screwed over by government or insurance companies. obamacare is garbage and does a terrible job at both. not to mention doctors weren't even involved as much as they should have been in the reform process, hence why bonehead politicians were saying stuff like "doctors are reimbursed too much. look at the bills you receive doctors are making hundreds of thousands of dollars in procedures off us". Giving doctors the shaft is outrageous in every way because they are responsible for each person's health. If doctors aren't respected, nobody's gonna be there to take care of these people's needs. Also, there was no real public option, just obama saying " this is what i want. go ******* deal with it" like some stubborn teenager. It also had one of the sloppiest and most botched embarrassing implementations possible. and a single-payer system would have done a way better job at insuring and providing care for more people.

I don't have time to fully deal with this right now, but you seem to be under many misconceptions. For example: the President does not get a vote in
Congress where law is written. His only leverage is the veto. The lack of a "public option" was the result of Republicans in the Senate who threatened to kill the bill if such an option were added. I agree that a single payer system has advantages but the political reality is that it will never happen in American unless the Republicans become small minorities in both houses of Congress.

Reactions: 13 users
518192326.jpg

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell points to a stack of papers representing what he claimed to be the regulations associated with President Obama's health-care law as he speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on March 15.

To answer original question

Reactions: 1 users
518192326.jpg

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell points to a stack of papers representing what he claimed to be the regulations associated with President Obama's health-care law as he speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on March 15.

:eek::eek:+pissed+

I don't have time to fully deal with this right now, but you seem to be under many misconceptions. For example: the President does not get a vote in
Congress where law is written. His only leverage is the veto. The lack of a "public option" was the result of Republicans in the Senate who threatened to kill the bill if such an option were added. I agree that a single payer system has advantages but the political reality is that it will never happen in American unless the Republicans become small minorities in both houses of Congress.

tell it to obama and his child-like tantrums jamming him bill down everyone's throat and being like "HAHA suck it you're getting it".

Members don't see this ad :)
Books vary tremendously in dimensions... you'd have to be more specific.

tell it to obama and his child-like tantrums jamming him bill down everyone's throat and being like "HAHA suck it you're getting it".

obama-u-mad-o.gif

Reactions: 6 users
518192326.jpg

Sigh. Something tells me that wasn't recycled...

Lol if anyone think obamacare is actually gonna work and fix the healthcare problems. US debt is like what 17 trillion dollars and you guys still think the government knows what their doing :rofl:

Lol if anyone think obamacare is actually gonna work and fix the healthcare problems. US debt is like what 17 trillion dollars and you guys still think the government knows what their doing :rofl:
I think you meant "what they're doing," which is correct because this has accumulated over multiple administrations, unnecessary wars, etc.

but but but but but but if we make cuts and make someone else pick up and pay the costs that will surely solve the problems. /sarcasm

The OP's nickname should be restless instead of restful

The original act was 906 pages. If you include all the related regulations, there are now ~20,000 pages. I'm sure there are more to come.

I feel sorry for the interns.

Some of us should run for Congress 15-20 years from now. We can have these flame wars in public!

So I take it this response means you have not corrected your misconceptions?

no reason to correct something that isnt wrong. i see you havent corrected your misconceptions either in the quotes thread, so right back at you :p. Do try and remedy that though. you are quite lucky that wasn't on your mcat otherwise your score wouldnt have been anywhere near as high lmao

And yet there are tons of you who believe that medical care is a "right". Well now you will experience a taste of that. Oh and newsflash: many Democrats have now said Obamacare is a failure -- they now want single payer.

And yet there are tons of you who believe that medical care is a "right". Well now you will experience a taste of that. Oh and newsflash: many Democrats have now said Obamacare is a failure -- they now want single payer.

agreed. saying medical care is a right without recognizing the fact it's a privilege is delusional and working to ensure fairness and respect for healthcare providers, especially from those who will be doctors is downright delusional.

agreed. saying medical care is a right without recognizing the fact it's a privilege is delusional and working to ensure fairness and respect for healthcare providers, especially from those who will be doctors is downright delusional.
Which is why if a person is using medical school as some self-esteem boost, then they are in for a big disappointment.

no reason to correct something that isnt wrong. i see you havent corrected your misconceptions either in the quotes thread, so right back at you :p. Do try and remedy that though. you are quite lucky that wasn't on your mcat otherwise your score wouldnt have been anywhere near as high lmao
Are you aware that you frequently do this when someone provides specific points of argumentation against you? You respond by completely ignoring the specifics and employing fallacious tactics, as you have here. @plumazul raised very specific concerns with your characterization of the issue at hand and you have completely ignored them, implying at least one of the following:

A) you don't actually understand what she's said
B) you don't consider her concerns worth responding to
C) you understand her concerns but have no rebuttal, and instead of admitting this you ignore her
D) you intentionally misrepresented the issue and so were already aware of the problems she pointed out

Perhaps there is another option I've missed. In any case, all of these reflect a serious incapability for productive discourse, one which you have repeatedly demonstrated in numerous threads. The least you could do is apologize for being rude.

Reactions: 9 users
Are you aware that you frequently do this when someone provides specific points of argumentation against you? You respond by completely ignoring the specifics and employing fallacious tactics, as you have here. @plumazul raised very specific concerns with your characterization of the issue at hand and you have completely ignored them, implying at least one of the following:

A) you don't actually understand what she's said
B) you don't consider her concerns worth responding to
C) you understand her concerns but have no rebuttal, and instead of admitting this you ignore her
D) you intentionally misrepresented the issue and so were already aware of the problems she pointed out

Perhaps there is another option I've missed. In any case, all of these reflect a serious incapability for productive discourse, one which you have repeatedly demonstrated in numerous threads. The least you could do is apologize for being rude.

cool story bro. you've missed everything so i'm quite sorry that about your hubris and quadchotomy of lack of insight.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile

on no proof? this case will be put on hold like your u. chicago and u. michigan apps. :p

Last edited:
cool story bro. you've missed everything so i'm quite sorry that about your hubris and quadchotomy of lack of insight.

I see someone stumbled on the GRE Vocab review.

Pointed jabs aside, perhaps I am exposing my own fallacy here when I ask: what exactly is your position?

You provided the proof, just like every other time...

oh wow a will cobbler post trying to back someone against me im shocked and amazed. why dont you go back to mending shoes and put a sock in it?

Gonna go ahead and close this, as OP has been banned and the thread has gone sufficiently off topic.

A general reminder to stop with the personal attacks.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.