How many schools did/will you apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Purdue, and I know some people will want to give me flak for saying it, but it is absolutely true. The administration makes no bones about it.

I only asked because I feel the same way about my IS. My state cut their IS seats back by about half. Even though I have an IS school, I almost feel like I don't.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel you, Sunnyshine. It sucks...:(:mad:

Our school has had a major cut in funding so I wonder if Purdue suffered even more. A&M's response was to raise tuition by $16,000 for the class of 2016.

Anyhow, I applied to 8 schools and got 5 acceptances, so it's expensive but can work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only asked because I feel the same way about my IS. My state cut their IS seats back by about half. Even though I have an IS school, I almost feel like I don't.

On a bad day I get really irritated at the unfairness of how seats are allocated. If I were a Georgian resident I would have much better chances than as a PA resident since their class is 99% IS. Yes, their tax dollars pay for that privilege... but I don't get a whole lot of say into how my tax dollars are spent!

My parents are relocating to GA this year... just as they will stop claiming me as a dependent! So, no state residency change for me :(

At least you guys are *allowed* to apply to your out of state schools. In Canada you only have the option to apply to the school where you are a resident, and you're not even allowed to apply for an international seat. So if you haven't been fortunate enough to live in other provinces as a resident, then its one school or abroad for us.