How many schools have you heard from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoshwa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was complete at most schools around mid-September and I have heard back from 7 of 21. When should I start worrying about the schools I haven't heard back from? How many schools have you heard back from and when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete at most schools around mid-September and I have heard back from 7 of 21. When should I start worrying about the schools I haven't heard back from? How many schools have you heard back from and when were you complete?

I was complete late August/Early Sept and have heard back from 10/13 schools. When you should worry depends on the school. Take a look at other people who are getting interviews and see when they were complete.

I've heard back from 19/25...

Members don't see this ad :)
6/17

I was complete around early to mid September and am starting to wonder if I should begin worrying too.

take a deep breath and relax

there's nothing you can do about it anymore

just focus on your daily life

99.99% chance they're just being slow. 0.01% chance your application got lost/got deleted/spontaneously exploded.

if you are reeeeally curious, give their admissions a call.

I've heard back (re: interview or rejection) from 13/18 schools and was complete at most of them mid-September. I did my last few secondaries late September to early October, except for my last secondary which I sent in 10/30.

Complete at 19/19 by mid-September. Since then, I've either been invited for interviews or outright rejected at 14 of those 19.

I have heard from 12/25 (6 interviews, 6 rejections). Hoping to hear a good word from the remaining 13.

I've heard from 14/21 (12 interviews, 2 rejections)
complete late august to late september

10/11. I was complete essentially ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete a month ago, which I guess is late compared to others on this site. And I have only heard from 3 schools (1 interview, 2 rejections). I've called the other schools, and they aren't giving me any details regarding my file except that its under review. Well one school told me that two faculty members are reviewing my file.
I wonder if I should contact the other schools and tell them to send my file back to the MD programs. Someone else was having the same dilemma. Any thoughts?
My stats (i think) are not bad. One publication and numerous first author presentations at national scientific meeting. :(

I think I was complete at 24/25. I didn't submit secondary to Stanford. I have heard back from 22/24, not all being good news ;-) In terms of the schools I went to interview for, I have heard back from 1/5. For the two I haven't heard back from (Michigan and UC Davis)... honestly I don't really care anymore.

7/7 (of my MSTPs) and 10/12 overall. I was complete by early-mid september.

im waiting on a ton, specifically, yale, mount sinai, dartmouth, brown, mayo, tufts.

cornell rejected me via the "final admissions decision" status page, but i never got a snail mail rejection, even when i emailed them asking for one.

im waiting on a ton, specifically, yale, mount sinai, dartmouth, brown, mayo, tufts.

cornell rejected me via the "final admissions decision" status page, but i never got a snail mail rejection, even when i emailed them asking for one.

I can white out my name from my Cornell rejection and insert yours instead, if you like. :D

maybe you need to send them a self-addressed, stamped envelope? :rolleyes:

i feel cheated. my eighty dollars should have bought at the very least a rejection letter.

the odd thing is they said they sent one, and that they would resend another one. this was a month ago.

ITS NOT TOO LATE CORNELL. INTERVIEW ME.

Heard from 9/12 MSTP, 9/10 MD only, and I was complete everywhere by mid-October.

By the way, anyone who's interviewed at Michigan know how long they take to get back with a final decision?

wait.... you were complete midoctober and youve heard back from 9/12 programs?.... ive been complete since mid sept-mid oct and ive only heard back from 5/14... sigh....

By the way, anyone who's interviewed at Michigan know how long they take to get back with a final decision?

They accept some about a week after each interview visit and accept the majority in one fell swoop later in February/March. I think they accept 1/3-1/2 of their interviewees, so relatively good odds once you get there.

They accept some about a week after each interview visit and accept the majority in one fell swoop later in February/March. I think they accept 1/3-1/2 of their interviewees, so relatively good odds once you get there.

Wrong - you got the 'we think you're so awesome we're accepting you before the committee meeting' .... i got the 'normal' email - the committee meets Nov. 19th - not sure when they meet after that

I have the same question for Baylor and Hopkins. Does anyone remember?

Wrong - you got the 'we think you're so awesome we're accepting you before the committee meeting' .... i got the 'normal' email - the committee meets Nov. 19th - not sure when they meet after that

Shucks. I just met someone at AECOM who was also accepted a week after the Mich interview, and I thought that was the norm. Oh well...

My understanding (from what a member of the operating committee told me in an interview) is that they decide at the committee meeting but don't tell most people until Feb./March. Maybe they have two waves of "early acceptances": one after each interview but before the committee meeting and then a few more after the committee meeting but before Feb./March.

I have the same question for Baylor and Hopkins. Does anyone remember?

Hopkins notifies a few people in mid-November, some more in mid-January, and the rest in March. They have that funky stuff about accepting with funding and without funding, so you can be accepted before March without funding and then hold off to hear on funding for a while. Sort of complicated.

My understanding (from what a member of the operating committee told me in an interview) is that they decide at the committee meeting but don't tell most people until Feb./March. Maybe they have two waves of "early acceptances": one after each interview but before the committee meeting and then a few more after the committee meeting but before Feb./March.

This is the email I received:

"We enjoyed your visit to the University of Michigan MSTP and hope that you found it both enjoyable and educational. Our Operating Committee will meet on November 19 and I will email you with a status update on your application several days later. In the meantime, I would suggest that you write down your specific impressions of Michigan (hopefully all positive!). This will help maintain your memory and simplify comparisons with other MSTPs, especially given the length of the interview season."

Now that status update could just be a rejection or waitlist or something...

This is the email I received:

"We enjoyed your visit to the University of Michigan MSTP and hope that you found it both enjoyable and educational. Our Operating Committee will meet on November 19 and I will email you with a status update on your application several days later. In the meantime, I would suggest that you write down your specific impressions of Michigan (hopefully all positive!). This will help maintain your memory and simplify comparisons with other MSTPs, especially given the length of the interview season."

Now that status update could just be a rejection or waitlist or something...

Yeah I would imagine either the status update is acceptance/hold, or else the committee member misled me.

i feel cheated. my eighty dollars should have bought at the very least a rejection letter.

the odd thing is they said they sent one, and that they would resend another one. this was a month ago.

ITS NOT TOO LATE CORNELL. INTERVIEW ME.

haha i know the feeling! would you go to the MD interview if offered? I emailed them to tell them that I was going for another NY interview, and just heard back that i got invited to the MD interview, so at least the $80 wasn't entirely wasted.

I've heard from 6 of 11.

All of the schools I have heard from I was complete in late August.

Of the schools I haven't heard from, two I was complete in late July & three I wasn't complete until mid Sept/Oct.

Haaaaaaaaate the waiting game.

wait.... you were complete midoctober and youve heard back from 9/12 programs?.... ive been complete since mid sept-mid oct and ive only heard back from 5/14... sigh....

Complete *by* mid-october. Started showing complete at schools in mid August; I was complete at most by mid-Spetember and there were only a few stragglers where I wasn't complete until mid-October. I don't think you really have anything to worry about. =)

haha i know the feeling! would you go to the MD interview if offered? I emailed them to tell them that I was going for another NY interview, and just heard back that i got invited to the MD interview, so at least the $80 wasn't entirely wasted.

ah, i would do the same but i live in NY, and they are a short subway ride away. ill send another email soon.

What's up with UPitt? Their last interview date is less than a month away, I already have interviews scheduled on most of their dates, and my application is still "under review!"

What's up with UPitt? Their last interview date is less than a month away, I already have interviews scheduled on most of their dates, and my application is still "under review!"

Did you happen to bug the MSTP office or the MD office at all? I have this theory that if you did, you're 'blacklisted' - oh well, their loss for not being on top of stuff

Did you happen to bug the MSTP office or the MD office at all? I have this theory that if you did, you're 'blacklisted' - oh well, their loss for not being on top of stuff

I haven't said a peep - but not a word... Oh well.

Haven't heard a word from Hopkins (complete there for 2 months), Penn, Michigan or Baylor. In particular, reading the message on my Baylor status check website always makes me nervous for some unfathomable reason, so I simply don't check that one as often. It goes, "Your application is complete and has been reviewed by the committee. We will let you know something as soon as we are able." Oh well.

MTA: Heard back from Michigan :( and Baylor :) , so only Hopkins and Penn to go (my UCLA secondary was in really late, so I'm not expecting any word from them soon.

Aw, I just called yesterday... I guess I can give up on them now!

Aw, I just called yesterday... I guess I can give up on them now!

Do you mean they said their interview slots are filled or are you referring to the "blacklisting" theory?

Do you mean they said their interview slots are filled or are you referring to the "blacklisting" theory?

I'm referring to the "blacklisting" theory, they told me nothing useful about interviews.

So, I still haven't heard from Pitt. I'm guessing its a rejection:(
but my secondary fee should at least give me the right to an official rejection.