About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much does a MPH make?

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by wiiturtledove, Feb 24, 2010.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. wiiturtledove

wiiturtledove

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    What's a mid range salary for someone using their MPH and in what settings? I made about 45k as a sanitarian....topping out at 70k.
  2. werd814

werd814 baller.

SDN 5+ Year Member
  3. Stories

Stories Hockey Scientist Moderator

Post Doc
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Those numbers seem closer to entry-level pay positions to me rather than median numbers. I was offered a position as an entry-level analyst (before I finished my applications for the doctorate) at $45k at the New Mexico Health Department. The range went up to $58k for that position. Epidemiologist positions in both the MA and CO health departments started in the high $48-50k region and stopped in the mid-$80k region.

Then again, maybe this chart is over the course of the history of time?

OP: The range varies considerably by discipline and work environment. You could earn anything as low as $30k/yr to something as high-paying as $500k/yr if you become a cushy executive of some company (could be underestimating). So it really runs the gamut.