How much grain of truth should I take from EK1001 Bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreams01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started getting into EK bio 1001 for more practice and studying, and wondering how much grain of truth do those passages provide in:
1. the actual difficulty of Bio passages
2. the score you receive.
3. Good source of preparation

I've done a mix of TPRH SW and done my first set of EK1001 and I feel a difference in the way both present their passages, cant quite grasp it.

thank you, and sorry if this thread is repeated!

Members don't see this ad.

1. the actual difficulty of Bio passages - Not even close
2. the score you receive. - Mean nothing
3. Good source of preparation - Not really unless you dont even know what a cell is

It was written by a medical student.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I have seen some improvements in my bio since using them. IYO what is a better passage-form source?

For bio, TPRH is the way to go.
Nothing can beat it.

EK 1001 Bio helps only if you are lacking content review.

I started using EK1001 them for "warm-up" / content review and solidify concepts. I see why it could serve as a good source as it just connects holes in your content.
However, I have the old book and have caught a couple mistakes in the answers already on the first day, and don't have any access to an errata, so I'm worried if I run into a mistake and wouldn't notice it. But it's not bad for a source of review.

1. the actual difficulty of Bio passages - varies some are difficult but they help reinforce the topics.
2. the score you receive - idk if this really is representative for any type of collection of one topic area passages. Rather, look at the % correct score and you will see if you are weak in that area. Its good practice. I was scoring around an 11 in each topic. Also, a great tool is the TPR SWB for all topics if you could get your hands on one. I would recommend this as well as EK 1001
3. Good source of preparation - I think so.