How much is OK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of anatomy right now and I know what I have hear from different sources, that you will forget a lot of what you are memorizing for your tests, but that the major importamt things will stick and come back when you need it. My dilemma is that while I may be just passing my tests, I still feel "incompetent" because I do not have a good handle on all the information going into them (it's all those darn insertion attatchemnts, innervations, etc.). And for some reason I always feel what I don't know is probably some of the more important information. Is this normal or is anyone else in this same situation? I know that knowing evey single minute detail may not be possible, but I still feel that there are big gaps in my knowledge that shouldn't be there. Sorry to ramble and thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

it depends on how you study if you cram you wont remember anything but if you keep up alot of it will just come back to you when you least expect it

Members don't see this ad :)
I also found that you really can't know what you need to know until you experience clinicals, especially during third year. Unless you come from a heavy clinical background, there's nothing but books to tell you how the picky details you're learning actually matter. Plan on feeling pretty "incompetent," as you put it, until you're in clinics. And even then, you basically learn how to find the info well when you find things you don't know. Hang in there--everyone feels clueless for a while.

--Brendan--
<"}}}}}><