How much of a score increase can I expect using the 10-week EK self-study course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atomi

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think with any study course it is going to correlate with the amount of time and effort you put in. It also depends on how quick of a learner you are.

I think a reasonable increase would be 1-5 points. It really depends on how "unprepared" you were for your first MCAT and how much you'll gain from the course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you can get more than a 1-5 point increase. It depends how prepared you were for the 10 week program. I've been reviewing for about 2 weeks now and have already had a 5 point jump from the diagnostic....

It is a matter of how much time you put into it and how much you were already/prepared from your prereq courses.

1-5 is all? I thought most people scored in the teens on their first test. Guess I got my hopes up. 5 points is all I really need to get to where I need to go.
1-5 would be for a person who was already pre-prepared and taking the course as an added bonus.

Most people don't keep up with all of these classes and some of the material is years old, and you'd obviously need a refresher. I have a buddy who scored an 18 on his TPR diag and had a 38 by the time he got to his MCAT. One caveat, however, he did take a TPR course but his total duration of MCAT prep was a year!