How much of physics + math are in your curriculum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeenyFee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps!

I just finished my undergrad will be applying the next cycle after this one and I'm curious about how much PHYSICS is in vet school? I massively suck at it and hoped to never see it again but since it is a pre req for so many schools...

Also, is there any calculus, trig, precalc in the curriculum? I imagine there would be algebra and chemistry math but anything beyond that?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Radiology was really where physics came in to play but there wasn't THAT much of it.

With pharmacology we had some concepts that dealt with area under the curve and stuff like that but for the most part algebra is the most used math.

Radiology was really where physics came in to play but there wasn't THAT much of it.

With pharmacology we had some concepts that dealt with area under the curve and stuff like that but for the most part algebra is the most used math.

Would you say I should review basic physics before entering school? I have about 2 years off so I figure I should try to make my life easier now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do it. If you end up needing to know it, you can review what's relevant. Not sure how it is elsewhere, but here, while equations and such were mentioned in classes (cardio, radiology, some pharmacology, etc) we were never really asked to do calculations or the theory behind it or anything. It might matter for boards if you specialize in any of those areas but beyond your tests for classes, I say don't bother.

Reactions: 1 user
We had some fluid flow equations from physics show up in physiology lecture (such as tube diameter affecting flow rate, and something about tubes in parallel and resistance to flow), but it was more important that we know the general concept. I don't remember having to calculate anything.

There are a few classes that definitely touch on topics covered in undergrad. However, in vet school I found it was presented differently compared to undergrad (so for me even if I did review something it probably would not have been useful). Just enjoy your summer and relax!