How much student debt do you anticipate having after OT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTlg2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Including what you borrowed for your undergraduate degree how much do you expect to have to pay off after you finish your MOT? My program is really expensive and I'm trying to figure out if it is even a good idea for me to go to grad school and take out that much more debt. What amount do you anticipate your total undergrad/grad school student loan amount to be?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The OTD program I want to attend would also put me at around 110k. An MS program I applied to would put me around 50k. I'm having the same conflict you are!

Members don't see this ad :)
When I factor in everything (via estimates) tuition, living expenses, keeping up car and health insurance, etc., I'm looking at about $35K per year or nearly $70K for two years, probably $100 K for the 2.5 year long program (with a cushion built in).

It sucks, and I'm planning on going to a state school and paying instate tuition.

There are employers who will pay you back for part of your grad school expenses if you go to an area that really needs OTs. I've heard of working one year and they will give you a $20 K payment bonus at the end to pay down your loans.

Am hoping to find something like this when I'm done.

My total debt for my BS/MOT is 42K that is with University of North Texas and Bay Path College, if you guys ever get married you get to add there debt to the plate.

Last edited: