How Often should I update schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BowlingDoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just curious when you should update schools? I'm taking some summer classes to stay busy as well as volunteering and more shadowing. I'm submitting my application June 1st but I was wondering when should you/I/anyone send updates to schools? And how do you/Should you update the schools?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I always updated them when I finished a planned activity. I sent an email telling them what I had finished and a little description of what went on. For example, I volunteer assisted at several Texas Mission of Mercy events and would tell them who I assisted (I would always find out where they attended school and make sure I mentioned their name when emailing that school, haha.), the procedures we performed and about how much I enjoyed it. This can also give you a chance to ask a few questions about where they are in the process without writing an exclusive email for that reason. I would say not to update too often, but if you are constantly doing things then maybe once every month and a half or so? You don't want to be annoying, but you also want them to think "dang this guy (or girl) is doing some @#&*".

Reactions: 1 user
Ideally, I would not send your first update until late January if you haven't already heard from that particular school.