how quickly do interviews come?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manfood.com

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AFter you applied, when are the first set of interviews sent out? I'm just curious, I want to plan my schedule for overseas and out of town things correctly. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

manfood.com said:
AFter you applied, when are the first set of interviews sent out? I'm just curious, I want to plan my schedule for overseas and out of town things correctly. Thanks!!!

It depends on the school, the timing of your application, and your qualifications. If you have a really good application and apply early, they can come pretty quickly. There is considerable variability though. I applied through the Texas system and I got 5 interviews the week after my stuff was processed. The others came within the next two weeks. You may want to post which schools you're thinking about so that people who've applied to them can tell you.

Most schools start interviewing in September. I got my first interview invite in August and I had a choce of I think 10 dates. I happened to chose the earliest which was the 17th of September.

Members don't see this ad :)
my first interview was 9/17 as well....the earliest....@ U Miami ;)

I submitted AMCAS on the earliest possible date (June 1), turned in my secondaries quickly, and received my first interview invite in early August. My first interview was on Sept. 13.

My first interview was sept 13th as well. I think that I received most of my invites in late sept-early october. Earliest invite was from Pitt in late july I believe and then Michigan and Vandy in early August. I could have been done interviewing by late Oct if I had been able to interview on more than just mon/fri. Only one that I had later than that was Stanford in Dec/Jan.

Did Amcas in june and sent in all secondaries quickly

Good luck!

thanks for the respnoses, and other schools would be great nice to hear that pitt gave you an early interview. that is one of the schools I will be applying to.
the UC system, and then random schools from that point on. the top20 possibly? and then Touro, LECOM, and some other DO schools, and well, just for some sort of balance, the three carribean schools.

Don't apply to any schools that you don't actually want to attend. It will save you trouble in the long run. Otherwise it depends on your stats and such what schools you should apply to.

let me state the question again, when do interviews come? I would like to knwo when people applied and when they got their interviews. I'm planning on getting things in on june 1st. Thanks!