How representative is DATbootcamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznnytezx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The biology section seems wayyyy too easy, is it representative?

Also, for the real DAT how much search and destroy questions are there for the reading?

Members don't see this ad.

The biology section seems wayyyy too easy, is it representative?

Also, for the real DAT how much search and destroy questions are there for the reading?

From what I've read, it looks like bio could throw anything at you. Some people get easier, more focused topics and none of taxonomy/plants. But some people get 3-4 questions on taxonomy/plants.

Same with RC, you never really know. There's been people who had RC with almost no S&D which really lowered their stats. I would prepare multiple strategies for the RC so that you can be prepared for anything.

I had a passage on my last DAT where I had to examine an experiment that was done by some scientist a long time ago and form conclusions based on it. It was one of the most ridiculous things ever. Basically there would be 3-4 questions in a row asking about the experiment, one variable would change and then I would have to form another conclusion about it. Search and Destroy was completely useless here. In the time I had it was impossible to do. I ended up wasting time on it and getting the questions wrong anyway and had to rush through my final passage

I'm normally a 21-23 RC scorer, I ended up with an 18 in the section

Members don't see this ad :)
I just did my DAT few days ago ! I know exactly which passage you are talking about ! It wasted so much of my time and it was pretty damn hard to answer those questions !

The worst part was that the first passage i had was that one , and then the last two passages were much easier!

I had a passage on my last DAT where I had to examine an experiment that was done by some scientist a long time ago and form conclusions based on it. It was one of the most ridiculous things ever. Basically there would be 3-4 questions in a row asking about the experiment, one variable would change and then I would have to form another conclusion about it. Search and Destroy was completely useless here. In the time I had it was impossible to do. I ended up wasting time on it and getting the questions wrong anyway and had to rush through my final passage

I'm normally a 21-23 RC scorer, I ended up with an 18 in the section