How should I study for the 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DatBass

Downwards is the Only Way Forwards
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation, after Spring of 2015 is over I am going to start studying on May 15, 2015 but problem is I am also re-taking the Physics 2 on July 7, 2015. Problem is that is only 1 month of prep from May 15th to June the 20th which is an MCAT exam day (Schedule for those who haven't seen it yet - https://www.aamc.org/students/download/398880/data/mcat2015calendar.pdf). I want to live, breath, and eat the MCAT while that time but I read that one month isn't good enough prep so I want to know if taking Physics 2 and studying for the MCAT at the same time is a good idea?

So the breakdown.

I can either:

Study for the MCAT from May 15, 2015 - June 18, 2015 (19th to relax the mind before the big day) and nothing but the MCAT (Exceptions are Sundays to relax with friends but when I'm back from relaxing take a test, or just take the test in the mornings to get it over with).

OR

Study for the MCAT from May 15, 2015 - July 7, 2015 when Summer 2 classes start and while I am re-taking Physics 2 I study for the MCAT as well and take the exam on August 22nd which is 3 months of prep but it's not the "eat, live, breath, poop, and sleep MCAT" type of prep.

Members don't see this ad.