How should I study for the next 10 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leaveit2rani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. I have about 10 months to study for the MCAT. I am going to be studying through school. I have taken every prereq except for Physics II (taking right now).

I am trying to make my schedule pretty light to focus more on the MCAT.

I have Princeton Review everything... hyperlearning set with content books. Someone also lent me EK. I also have the AAMC 3-11.

How do I go about studying all this? Since I have so much time, do you suggest I take notes on the content while studying.

Should I study one subject entirely then move on to another, or should I do a little of each every day? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

well, it's more like 8 months since I want to take it early June/ late May.

Should i go through TPR first, and then do EK. And then take the AAMCs?

Members don't see this ad :)
well, it's more like 8 months since I want to take it early June/ late May.

Should i go through TPR first, and then do EK. And then take the AAMCs?

If you absolutely feel the need to study and have the free time (even though you're doing ECs like volunteering and taking your classes) I would spend 3 months going over whatever you feel will be a problem area. Stuff you remember that you were weak in while taking the class. That way when you study it again, you'll have a better base. There is no real correct formula for doing well in the MCAT since everyone learns differently and has different natural strengths. You should define your weaknesses early so you arent struggling against them two weeks before the test date.

You only need 3 solid months of studying to kill the MCAT. 10 months is overkill and you will mostly likely burn out fast.

I would start in Feburary studying a couple hours a day and then ramp it up March/April/May for a test in early June.