How to find pharmacy contacts out of state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KansasPharmGirl

pharmgirl
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my heart set on moving to Colorado when I graduate in 2017. I'm most likely going into retail or mail order pharmacy. (I posted a thread related to this, but nobody advised me on how to actually make contacts in Colorado).

How should I go about finding contacts in Colorado?

All I can think of is setting up an APPE rotation next year and calling district managers. And any advice on how I can make myself a desirable applicant? I'm trying to figure these things out early so I can get a job lined up when I graduate. (And I hear that CO pharmacist jobs are competitive).

Members don't see this ad.

Conferences and linked in.

Yep. Go to APhA, find reps for their CO affiliate and network, network, network. If you can't afford to go, use LinkedIn. If you can get an APPE there too, that's even better. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. Go to APhA, find reps for their CO affiliate and network, network, network. If you can't afford to go, use LinkedIn. If you can get an APPE there too, that's even better. Good luck!

Are you referring to the APhA national conference?

Are you referring to the APhA national conference?

Yep. If you were interested in hospital, I'd tell you to go to Midyear and network there. You might check out the CO Pharmacy Association and see when their annual meeting is, although you're less likely to be able to get away from school for that one. :)