How to get into Touro Pharmacy NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walgreen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I currently attend CUNY Hunter in New York and I was interested in applying to Touro Pharmacy. I have a Bachelors in Psychology but I fulfilled all the pre requisites needed for Touro. My overall GPA is a 3.1 and Pre requisite GPA of 2.9 and a PCAT of 70 and no pharmacy experience. I was wondering if I should and if it is recommended for me to take physics since I noticed it isn't a pre requisite for touro pharm and if my chances are fairly good of getting into Touro.

Members don't see this ad.

How low are the standards for admission into pharmacy school nowadays?

I don't understand why programs accept people with GPAs less than 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I currently attend CUNY Hunter in New York and I was interested in applying to Touro Pharmacy. I have a Bachelors in Psychology but I fulfilled all the pre requisites needed for Touro. My overall GPA is a 3.1 and Pre requisite GPA of 2.9 and a PCAT of 70 and no pharmacy experience. I was wondering if I should and if it is recommended for me to take physics since I noticed it isn't a pre requisite for touro pharm and if my chances are fairly good of getting into Touro.

To answer your question -- it wouldn't hurt to apply. The worst that could happen is they say no. I would say your scores may be under their average candidates who are accepted. If you can get pharmacy experience, that would help. You don't need any physics for pharmacy school. I would not take it.

I had to have physics for pharmacy school.....oh how the standards have fallen.

I had to have physics for pharmacy school.....oh how the standards have fallen.

I had to have physics as well but it's certainly not a pre-requisite at every school and it's definitely not useful in pharmacy school.

They are gonna take you no worries.

2.9 gpa will get you to many pharmacy schools nowadays.