How to get out of walmart's blacklist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMUchicka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So before working for current chain, i used to work for walmart pharmacy. I got this job because my family knew this store manager. But it seemed like my pharmacy manager was expecting someone else but because of my connections i was put there. In first week or so it was okay but after then it went downhill, i wouldn't go in much detail but i just hated going to job. The manager wanted me to go away but knew i wasn't so he/she started asking me to stop following store generated schedule and only come when he/she asked me too (he/she made my schedule). It was my first job and i was just 18 so i guess i was dumb that i followed his words and didn't ask others about it. None of my coworker ever told me anything. One day an assistant store manager called me to speak to him about this and that's where i came to know how walmart system says that i have been missing work. Looking back i can't belive how things like that go unnoticed for so long. So before they fired me i gave them my two weeks and quit. I know this whole thing is so dumb all around, this was years back.

2 years ago, i was looking for work and good friend(pharmacy employee) of mine recommended me to his manager, manager invited me to talk and had conversation and asked me to just apply and he/she will call me for interview as soon as they get my app. I did app thinking it's been years that i left walmart and i gave my 2 weeks so i should have no problem getting interview. Guess what, i was told that they can't find my app. I did my app again and still same response. I am just asking this because there is possibality that i might want to work for walmart as a pharmacist. Yes, i know job market sucks, so i don't need lecture on that.

Any current walmart pharmacist or managers can asnwer this??

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best thing for you to do is to go in person and give your app. Then whoever keeps losing it due to online technical difficulties will run out of excuses (if thats the case) and you can get to the bottom of this. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So before working for current chain, i used to work for walmart pharmacy. I got this job because my family knew this store manager. But it seemed like my pharmacy manager was expecting someone else but because of my connections i was put there. In first week or so it was okay but after then it went downhill, i wouldn't go in much detail but i just hated going to job. The manager wanted me to go away but knew i wasn't so he/she started asking me to stop following store generated schedule and only come when he/she asked me too (he/she made my schedule). It was my first job and i was just 18 so i guess i was dumb that i followed his words and didn't ask others about it. None of my coworker ever told me anything. One day an assistant store manager called me to speak to him about this and that's where i came to know how walmart system says that i have been missing work. Looking back i can't belive how things like that go unnoticed for so long. So before they fired me i gave them my two weeks and quit. I know this whole thing is so dumb all around, this was years back.

2 years ago, i was looking for work and good friend(pharmacy employee) of mine recommended me to his manager, manager invited me to talk and had conversation and asked me to just apply and he/she will call me for interview as soon as they get my app. I did app thinking it's been years that i left walmart and i gave my 2 weeks so i should have no problem getting interview. Guess what, i was told that they can't find my app. I did my app again and still same response. I am just asking this because there is possibality that i might want to work for walmart as a pharmacist. Yes, i know job market sucks, so i don't need lecture on that.

Any current walmart pharmacist or managers can asnwer this??

it's 2 years ago...there is no such thing as the black list like that of which you speak...especially for something you did when you were 18. you're reading way into this and maybe are attempting to justify your application in a sense. I'd apply again later and see what happens.

it's 2 years ago...there is no such thing as the black list like that of which you speak...especially for something you did when you were 18. you're reading way into this and maybe are attempting to justify your application in a sense. I'd apply again later and see what happens.

There 100% is. You just mark the applicant "unrehireable" when you terminate them. I mean I can't speak for Walmart specifically but the two companies I have done the hiring for both had this 'feature'. I am willing to bet Walmart does too.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually not trying to justify my app. When a friend of mine recommended me to his Rx manager, the manager had already seen my resume and wanted to speak. After speaking, my friend told me the manager is interested in hiring me and then only i did app. But I guess Rx manager had no control over application process. I will try again though, thanks for your response.

There 100% is. You just mark the applicant "unrehireable" when you terminate them. I mean I can't speak for Walmart specifically but the two companies I have done the hiring for both had this 'feature'. I am willing to bet Walmart does too.
Yes, that's possible. How do you change that?

I think the best thing for you to do is to go in person and give your app. Then whoever keeps losing it due to online technical difficulties will run out of excuses (if thats the case) and you can get to the bottom of this. Good luck!
I think there is no paper app for Rx department in walmart i think, everything is done electronically.

lol...for something that OP did when he was 18...over a scheduling mishap? okay...keep thinking that.

See what probably happened was that OP thought he was 100% in for the job because of his friend then the rxm wanted someone else and now he's digging back through the last 10 years of his life to see where he messed up on.

lol...for something that OP did when he was 18...over a scheduling mishap? okay...keep thinking that.

See what probably happened was that OP thought he was 100% in for the job because of his friend then the rxm wanted someone else and now he's digging back through the last 10 years of his life to see where he messed up on.
Age really has nothing to do with it. If the firing manager listed job abandonment do not rehire, yeah I would say that is perfectly feasible.

I mean sure the hiring manager could just be blowing smoke, that is totally possible too. But it is not impossible to be marked as do not rehire when you are fired and I don't know why you seem to think that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Age really has nothing to do with it. If the firing manager listed job abandonment do not rehire, yeah I would say that is perfectly feasible.

I mean sure the hiring manager could just be blowing smoke, that is totally possible too. But it is not impossible to be marked as do not rehire when you are fired and I don't know why you seem to think that.

I meant it to apply to silly things like what OP is claiming happened to him a few years ago. Do carry on..

You don't. HR or a pharmacy supervisor might be able to, I would guess. In my limited experience if someone was marked as do not rehire, they are not getting rehired.

Alright, but honestly how would you prevent yourself from burning bridges?I want to quit my current job to explore other options but i am afraid i will end up ruining my chances with current company. And while looking at current market, it seems my options are quite limited. So i just can't afford to ruin chances with companies.

I wasn't fired, i thought that would happen to me so i went ahead and gave my 2 weeks.

I meant it to apply to silly things like what OP is claiming happened to him a few years ago. Do carry on..

What else i would think? I wasn't fired from job, i was afraid that it might happen so i gave my two weeks and quit.

follow up with the Rx manager. let him know that you have submitted an application. if he really wants you, he will dig further and ask HR. you could be very frank with the Rx manager and see if they like you enough to stick their neck out

If you were applying for a tech position, your application doesn't show up if the requisition was opened BEFORE you submitted your application, so it's quite possible they didn't see it. It is also possible the manager overlooked it.

As to whether your application is automatically red-flagged because you were deemed to be not rehireable, so the person doing the hiring can never see it or cannot be moved forward to the interview stage, that is a good question for which I have yet to get a good answer... at CVS I heard it is possible but the HR business partner has to get involved to remove that non-rehireable status.

If you are applying as a pharmacy intern or pharmacist position, you need to go through the H&W market director, not the pharmacy manager (who is not able to see applications for staff pharmacists or interns AFAIK). The market director would probably be privy any problems with your rehire status.

I will say that I didn't even give two weeks notice when I was a PT tech at Sam's Club as the Rx manager didn't give me any more hours, but that didn't seem to affect my pharmacist application. My hire date is the date I actually started as a pharmacist, not when I was a tech. I didn't abandon my job but if you don't work a certain amount of hours over a certain period of time (yes very specific...) you are automatically terminated.