How to go about declining interview invites politely?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbudz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd like to email several schools I was invited to interview at and let them know I am no longer interested in the school. As I got into my state school, I am not longer considering certain private schools that I heard back from, and would like to open up interview spots for others. I would like to do so by not burning any bridges when it comes time to apply to residency programs. What is the best way to approach this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to email several schools I was invited to interview at and let them know I am no longer interested in the school. As I got into my state school, I am not longer considering certain private schools that I heard back from, and would like to open up interview spots for others. I would like to do so by not burning any bridges when it comes time to apply to residency programs. What is the best way to approach this?
be polite and professional
you don't have to say why, just say you are declining the interview spot so someone else can have a chance...

Reactions: 1 users