How to send deposit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beannaithe

Bionerd
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just decided on where I'm going! Pittsburgh!! :D

But i was wondering how to get my deposit check out there. Should I just send it through the normal mail or pay a little more and spring for FedEx or DHL?

How did you guys send yours? Because the LAST thing I want to do is to have it get lost in the mail. And do they let you know when they recieved it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

beannaithe said:
Hey guys,

I just decided on where I'm going! Pittsburgh!! :D

But i was wondering how to get my deposit check out there. Should I just send it through the normal mail or pay a little more and spring for FedEx or DHL?

How did you guys send yours? Because the LAST thing I want to do is to have it get lost in the mail. And do they let you know when they recieved it?

Thanks!

congrats on making the hard decision.

I would send your deposit check via certified mail and add the confirmation number option as well. I think it cost a total of 8 dollars and it was delivered in 2 days as well. Once you know its been delivered call the school and confirm that they did recieve your check.

HD

hockeydentist said:

I would send your deposit check via certified mail and add the confirmation number option as well. I think it cost a total of 8 dollars and it was delivered in 2 days as well. Once you know its been delivered call the school and confirm that they did recieve your check.

HD
Why spend so much? I just sent mine regular old snail mail... my receipt is now my canceled check. You can always call a week later to see if they have received it.

However, if you are super anal, you could add delivery confirmation to your regular first class letter for ~45 cents extra... then you can even track your letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
hockeydentist said:

HD

Totally agree. This is the best option. It's nice to have the peace of mind that your deposit check has been received before the deadline. My check had to be a certified check as well, so I didn't have the option of checking my bank account to see when the check cashed.

Jeppedo said:
Why spend so much? I just sent mine regular old snail mail... my receipt is now my canceled check. You can always call a week later to see if they have received it.

However, if you are super anal, you could add delivery confirmation to your regular first class letter for ~45 cents extra... then you can even track your letter.

Peace of mind for me,, also in my letter of acceptance it said send it certified mail. When I talked to temple finacial aid, said they wouldn't be cashing that check anytime soon. So I don't have the option of looking at my bank statement to see if there is a canceled check. Super anal or just making sure I dot my I's and cross my T's.

hockeydentist said:
Peace of mind for me,, also in my letter of acceptance it said send it certified mail. When I talked to temple finacial aid, said they wouldn't be cashing that check anytime soon. So I don't have the option of looking at my bank statement to see if there is a canceled check. Super anal or just making sure I dot my I's and cross my T's.
I sent mine out yesterday by certified mail. You can get online and see where it is and when it gets there. Anal? Of course! But yey it's a good trait for a dentist.