General Admissions & OTCAS How to send prerequisite transcripts to OTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0613Forever

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, there!

Since the new OTCAS admissions cycle is coming up in few weeks, I have a question about sending prerequisite transcripts to OTCAS. I have done all my prerequisites as online courses; is the method same as sending official transcript from the undergraduate? Do we get to enter prerequisite courses separately from undergrad courses?

Thank you for your help, guys. I am getting super anxious as July is coming soon. Have a great day!

Members don't see this ad.

OTCAS will ask you to submit all college transcripts that led you to your undergraduate degree or fulfill prerequisites. This includes community college(s) or the first college if you are a transfer student.

The prerequisite courses and the undergraduate courses will both go in the Transcript Entry section. For example, if you went to College A where you received your degree, then you would input all the classes and your grades into OTCAS and send an official transcript. (They have a service where they can input your classes and grades for you. But, I did not find the transcript entry too difficult. It is time consuming and you must be very detailed to avoid delays in your application.) Also, if you went to College B where you took online courses, you would submit another official transcript and input those courses and grades.

For each program, there will be a section under Program Materials where you will identify courses for each prerequisite.

Reactions: 1 user
OTCAS will ask you to submit all college transcripts that led you to your undergraduate degree or fulfill prerequisites. This includes community college(s) or the first college if you are a transfer student.

The prerequisite courses and the undergraduate courses will both go in the Transcript Entry section. For example, if you went to College A where you received your degree, then you would input all the classes and your grades into OTCAS and send an official transcript. (They have a service where they can input your classes and grades for you. But, I did not find the transcript entry too difficult. It is time consuming and you must be very detailed to avoid delays in your application.) Also, if you went to College B where you took online courses, you would submit another official transcript and input those courses and grades.

For each program, there will be a section under Program Materials where you will identify courses for each prerequisite.

Great! I am taking my prereq from different schools, so I just need to get official transcripts from each school. Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some institutions have electronic delivery of transcripts which is nearly instantaneous.

Be sure to check on on this page and follow links to see if your school is a participant: US and English Canadian Transcripts

Transcript entry seems like a great idea, but note that they only enter the transcripts for you WHEN YOU SUBMIT an application. For some reason I missed reading that part so it seemed a little useless since I signed up for it months ago and I could have done them myself if they werent going to be done until submitting an application.

Some institutions have electronic delivery of transcripts which is nearly instantaneous.

Be sure to check on on this page and follow links to see if your school is a participant: US and English Canadian Transcripts

Transcript entry seems like a great idea, but note that they only enter the transcripts for you WHEN YOU SUBMIT an application. For some reason I missed reading that part so it seemed a little useless since I signed up for it months ago and I could have done them myself if they werent going to be done until submitting an application.

I take it that 'they' means the OTCAS, right? I think I need to send my transcripts via mail to OTCAS... this might take quite a bit of time. My online courses seem to have different e-transcript options than that of OTCAS. Thanks for your advice!

Hi there! I have a similar question, I already have my bachelors degree and I already submitted my transcripts; however, I am currently taking two pre requisites online. Would I enter these pre requisites in the transcript entry area so that the schools know that those two classes are in progress? I am unsure because these classes do not appear in my official transcripts.

Hi there! I have a similar question, I already have my bachelors degree and I already submitted my transcripts; however, I am currently taking two pre requisites online. Would I enter these pre requisites in the transcript entry area so that the schools know that those two classes are in progress? I am unsure because these classes do not appear in my official transcripts.

Yes enter them on your transcript as in progress! You will have an opportunity to update your application later on, and then just send your new transcript to OTCAS and the schools you’re applying to so they have your grade!

Yes enter them on your transcript as in progress! You will have an opportunity to update your application later on, and then just send your new transcript to OTCAS and the schools you’re applying to so they have your grade!

Thank you very much!

Do you have to include all classes or just the required pre-requisites?

Do you submit those transcripts electronically or mail them in to the universities individually? Or does it vary?

Do you submit those transcripts electronically or mail them in to the universities individually? Or does it vary?

If the school you apply to uses OTCAS then you just have to send it to OTCAS. But if not, you might have to send it to the school so it depends. Double check with the school definitely.