How to separate similar work/activities on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woltej1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say I've worked as a CNA for a couple different places, do I split them up based on the companies or is it all one experience since it was under the same title. Or shadowing, if I shadowed different specialties far apart time wise are these 2 separate entries or 1 entry?

Members don't see this ad.

For a similar job at multiple locations, I'd list the job title, the most recent location, the dates of the jobs, and in the description say something like "Employed at Hillside Home, 5/12-9/12, and Shadyside Nursing Home 5/11-8/11."

With shadowing, it looks like padding to make separate entries. I've usually seen people just put the total number of hours and the dates and then say something in the description such as "Shadowed a pediatrician, orthopedic surgeon, general internist, and a neurologist. Observed clinical exams, and orthopedic surgery."

For a similar job at multiple locations, I'd list the job title, the most recent location, the dates of the jobs, and in the description say something like "Employed at Hillside Home, 5/12-9/12, and Shadyside Nursing Home 5/11-8/11."

With shadowing, it looks like padding to make separate entries. I've usually seen people just put the total number of hours and the dates and then say something in the description such as "Shadowed a pediatrician, orthopedic surgeon, general internist, and a neurologist. Observed clinical exams, and orthopedic surgery."
So it's better to be on the side of caution and clump than to make it look like you're trying to max out your experiences? Also, is it bad if you don't put down 15 experiences? For my research, I did a poster based presentation, do I separate this from my actual lab research entry?

Is there a guideline about this on the forum somewhere that I can reference so I don't need to ask a bunch of questions. It's not that I haven no idea, just would rather have a little extra confidence in my app.

Members don't see this ad :)