how to sign up for a DAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalchick2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

Do i have to sign up and pay for another DENTPIN to schedule another DAT exam?

Thanks,

KBS

Members don't see this ad.

No your DENTPIN stays with you forever even through dental school. You have to use the same one to register to take it again.

ok, well on prometrics website it asks for an eligibility ID and to get that i'd have to register for another dentpin according to ADA's FAQ section and that the dentpin if received before 2009, then ya you will have it forever, but after then you have to get a new one each time you take the test. idk, thats why i understand but am still confused.

ok, well on prometrics website it asks for an eligibility ID and to get that i'd have to register for another dentpin according to ADA's FAQ section and that the dentpin if received before 2009, then ya you will have it forever, but after then you have to get a new one each time you take the test. idk, thats why i understand but am still confused.

I have had my DENTPIN since 2010 and that was for my hygiene boards, totally unrelated to the DAT. I used the same one to schedule my DAT. It doesn't change, ever and you shouldn't need a new one. Did you try to reschedule it yet? According to prior SDN threads, all you should have to do is use your old DENTPIN and go through that permission process again, and pay the fee, that's it.

What does the FAQ say exactly? On the ADA website it doesn't say you need a new one, but yes it indicates there are DENTPINs stored for those who took the exam prior to 2009. However, I think that is so people do not try to make a new one because that was 3 years ago, about the max for DAT scores. Try to schedule it, it should be fine.
http://www.ada.org/dentpin.aspx

I have had my DENTPIN since 2010 and that was for my hygiene boards, totally unrelated to the DAT. I used the same one to schedule my DAT. It doesn't change, ever and you shouldn't need a new one. Did you try to reschedule it yet? According to prior SDN threads, all you should have to do is use your old DENTPIN and go through that permission process again, and pay the fee, that's it.

What does the FAQ say exactly? On the ADA website it doesn't say you need a new one, but yes it indicates there are DENTPINs stored for those who took the exam prior to 2009. However, I think that is so people do not try to make a new one because that was 3 years ago, about the max for DAT scores. Try to schedule it, it should be fine.
http://www.ada.org/dentpin.aspx

nevermind, I figure it out and i used my dentpin to register for a retake. thanks!