how to study with a job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inderjit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im getting out of track of my studies because of this job,,,hw do i prepare my exam with this job.

Members don't see this ad.

it s not bad app at all I love having it with me all the time but you still need a book or the decks imho

I downloaded a couple iphone apps and found lots of errors in most. NBDE Mastery seems good so far but have only used it for a couple hours.

I had the same problem. I spoke to my manager for the fixed hours for starters so that i have a fixed time to study and work. I used to work 9-6 mon to friday so as soon as i come back home at 6.30 i have my dinner and go to sleep and wake up by 2am and start studying till like 8am and than go for the job. Take maximum advantage of sat and sunday. One more thing helped me was I used to read out loud whenever I study and record my voice on my phone which i used to revise on the way to work and during breaks and whenever i get time. I took 2 extra months to prepare for the exams than I expected but I cleared. I don't know about the apps on the phone and stuff cause I had a basic phone and I could not afford to pay for data charges, so if you have that luxury than check it out. I hope this helps you..!! all the best for your exams..!!

Members don't see this ad :)
And one more thing i forgot to mention is that I use to make this small flesh cards for the stuff hard to remember for me.. you get them in various sizes and can find them at walmart or staples.. all of them easy to fit in to pocket so at work when its not so busy you can read it real fast.. and as its a piece of paper you are not violating "company policies" (it was not allowed to use the phone or any electronic device at the place i used to work when you are on clock so i found this little trick).

I downloaded a couple iphone apps and found lots of errors in most. seems good so far but have only used it for a couple hours.

Hello Hawkfan 1446,
that sounds interesting. May i know where to find NBDE Mastery? Even i'm willing to give it a try. thanks in advance.

Anymore response about NBDE Mastery app? One of my classmates has it and loves it but im still heisitant. Do you guys think I can get by just taking practice tests and looking at old notes? I have good grades but cant risk failing.

That is a great idea with the small flashcards to carry around. I do something similar with sticky notes on my computer. Gah why do we have to take this test in the middle of the year?!

I`m using the NBDE mastery for the last couple of days and I can say it is probably the best app for the boards I have the Q&A first aid app too but I like the NBDE mastery more, it is similar format to the decks and it has the mnemonics in one place so you can find them easy within seconds.

It helps a lot but you still need a some kind of reference book FA,BB or the decks JMHO.