How will my fall grades affect my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falconclaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 32 MCAT, 3.60 overall (although 3.75 overall for the previous school year) and 3.53 sci GPA. I have three interview invites so far: Stony Brook, Suny Upstate, and Hofstra.

I applied to 21 schools total. 3 have rejected me, so that means 15 have yet to decide, perhaps because they are waiting for my Fall grades.

I took all science classes this semester, and I think my GPA is going to be a 3.5. Maybe a 3.4.

Will this have a significant adverse affect on me? If so, would it be just at schools that haven't decided yet, or including at the schools that offered me an interview? Also, I submitted all my stuff late August thru early September, is it normal for this many schools to have not gotten back to me yet?

Members don't see this ad.

You applied late, but I wouldn't send updated transcripts with those grades.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I guess you don't have to send updated grades unless they specifically ask?
Yup. They typically don't ask after fall though. They'll ask usually around spring if you were accepted/waitlisted.

Just make sure to bring those grades up by Spring eh?

Oh, I guess you don't have to send updated grades unless they specifically ask?

According to ADCOMs on SDN schools don't expect you to send fall grades and even if you do well, it won't swin their decision very much.

Yup. They typically don't ask after fall though. They'll ask usually around spring if you were accepted/waitlisted.

Just make sure to bring those grades up by Spring eh?
Okay, the only school that specifically asked me for my Fall grades was SUNY Downstate. And yeah I'll certainly try, although I won't have those back until like May 20th, so they probably won't make a difference, but I suppose they might, with wait lists and such.