How will schools view without +/- grades vs with+/-?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwawayacc2

Reaction score
my overall science GPA is 2.95. The current class I'm taking is going pretty good with a worse case scenario of an A-, but that won't be enough to make it due to credit saturation. However, my Science without +/- would be at the 3.0 mark.

2/3 times I spoke to an admin advisor they simply said they didn't focus on my poor grades that were 6+ years old and told me they were pleased with my current grades and trends. I don't remember their actual words but overall seemed content with it and focused more on my experiences. The one that wasn't was more pessimistic on purpose, to my understanding, having issue that I had a B- in one of my master's classes but every other class seemed OK.

Members don't see this ad.

my overall science GPA is 2.95. The current class I'm taking is going pretty good with a worse case scenario of an A-, but that won't be enough to make it due to credit saturation. However, my Science without +/- would be at the 3.0 mark.

2/3 times I spoke to an admin advisor they simply said they didn't focus on my poor grades that were 6+ years old and told me they were pleased with my current grades and trends. I don't remember their actual words but overall seemed content with it and focused more on my experiences. The one that wasn't was more pessimistic on purpose, to my understanding, having issue that I had a B- in one of my master's classes but every other class seemed OK.
most schools will only look at sGPA
but if you have a masters, most schools will look at that before your undergrad GPAs...

Both calculations are available on your AADSAS application, and schools will pick and choose the GPA's that guide their applicant evaluations. When you print out your AADSAS application, you see at least a full page of these calculated GPAs.