Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard occupational therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Otgirl123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Howard's occupational therapy program and have you heard anything yet? When are interviews held?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything. Only info given about interviews is on OTCAS, saying they should be held Feb- March. I was looking at posts from last year and it appears some ppl had interviews this week. There were also a few who had there's early March. I tried to call to ask about when they'd send out invites , but no one answered the phone. :(

That's exactly what I was wondering too. No one is ever available in the office and it's frustrating.

Members don't see this ad :)
hat's exactly what I was wondering too. No one is ever available in the office and it's frustrating.

They just sent out Skype interview invites around noon

Hello all!
I'm a current student at Howard's MSOT program (first-year). Interviews were not that bad, know basic stuff (why you want to attend the program, what the mission of the program is, etc) One question that threw me last year was something about a kid has visible scarring and is afraid his classmates will make fun of him if he goes back to school. What could you do to help the child in this situation? There's a couple of questions like that unless they change it. Also, I didn't get interviewed until March, so no worries if you haven't gotten the email yet. They do it in waves. :) Also, I will probably forget to check this thread again, so if you have any burning questions, send me a pm so I'll get an email notification about it. Good luck, everyone!

Has anybody else been notified of an interview? I'm still waiting...

I have just been invited to a Skype interview for Thursday March 19th :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know who your interviewing with? Also, did they call to inform you or through email?
They called my phone to set up the interview and I believe the lady said her name was Mrs.Row if I heard her correctly. She sounded older.

Has anyone been up to Howard to visit the OT department?

They called my phone to set up the interview and I believe the lady said her name was Mrs.Row if I heard her correctly. She sounded older.
I believe I was interviewed by her as well.

I was considering it, since I live in the area.
Even though Howard's my priority choice, if I'm accepted I definitely want to take that 8hour trip to check out the department, faculty, & resources just to make sure it's the right choice.

How's the price of living around the school area?

Has anyone received an acceptance email yet?

My interview was at 5:30pm today and I received my acceptance letter via email at 8:30pm!

Reactions: 1 users
My interview was at 5:30pm today and I received my acceptance letter via email at 8:30pm!
Wow that was pretty quick! Congrats!! I didn't know they sent it out via email.

I'm going to create a Facebook page for those of us commuting to HU so we can communicate more efficiently

Do you guys consider us to be class of 2017 since we'll be done with fieldwork in December or class of 2018 because we'll walk across the stage in May?

Hey!!! I've been accepted too. :soexcited: I was under the impression that we were class of 2017, but I could be wrong. Please let me know when the Facebook is up. I will be adding myself to the group. I'm moving from Los Angeles and would love to have someone in the program to room with! I'm so excited to meet you all!! :biglove:

Congrats!!!
Hey!!! I've been accepted too. :soexcited: I was under the impression that we were class of 2017, but I could be wrong. Please let me know when the Facebook is up. I will be adding myself to the group. I'm moving from Los Angeles and would love to have someone in the program to room with! I'm so excited to meet you all!! :biglove:

I'm committing to Howard as well so let me know when the Facebook page is made bc I would love to join!! :)

Got my acceptance letter/email on Friday!!! Looking forward to meeting you all. lmk when the Facebook page is up.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay group is officially created on Facebook

It's called "Howard OT c/o 2017 accepted & committed"

Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Awesome! I'll have to make a Facebook again and join the group!

I decline my admission to Howard's program. A deserving student will be receiving an acceptance letter soon!! Try not to stress too much :)

Do you mind me asking where you'll be going instead?

Last edited:
Okay group is officially created on Facebook

It's called "Howard OT c/o 2017 accepted & committed"

Let me know if you have trouble finding it.
Can you put the link in here I can't find it

Hi everyone!! And congrats to you all! I've been keeping in touch with Futureot87 and I've been looking for more people who were going to Howard for the fall! I got my acceptance letter last Monday! :clap: It's nice to see the same thing for you guys!!:highfive: I'm excited im not alone lol.

I got my acceptance letter via email on March 20th.

Hello everyone, I have been waitlisted for Howard. Im hoping I will still get in. Has anyone else been waitlisted?

Hello everyone, I have been waitlisted for Howard. Im hoping I will still get in. Has anyone else been waitlisted?

Did they tell you your spot on the waitlist, or just that you were on it ?

They did not tell me my spot, and I would like to know. I did not know if it would be too needy or pushy to ask my spot on the list. What do you think?

They did not tell me my spot, and I would like to know. I did not know if it would be too needy or pushy to ask my spot on the list. What do you think?

I do know as of yesterday they know how much space they have and they're ready to dip into the waitlist...

I don't see anything wrong with inquiring. It will show how serious you are.

Just have the $300 enrollment fee money ready

That almost messed me up and forfeited my spot

Als

congrats and also what were your deciding factors?
Uca has higher test scores, total cost for the program will be 34k that even includes housing, the program is only 24 months, the campus is beautiful, the fieldwork is woven throughout the curriculm(same as howard). Those are just some main factors.