HPAC missed appointments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marshmallow1220

Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a general advising appointment with my HPAC advisor and I missed the meeting. This happened once before in February too and I apologized for both times. Do y'all think that she will put this in her letter? I had my question answered already and forgot to cancel my meeting, but it was just a general advising meeting and not anything deadline specific.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I made a general advising appointment with my HPAC advisor and I missed the meeting. This happened once before in February too and I apologized for both times. Do y'all think that she will put this in her letter? I had my question answered already and forgot to cancel my meeting, but it was just a general advising meeting and not anything deadline specific.
I agree with @Mr.Smile12 , none of us are mind readers. The only way to know would be to ask her at your next meeting.

Moving forward though, I would caution you from thinking that these general advising meetings are somehow less important than other deadline-specific meetings. Her time is valuable, and that time slot could have been used by your peers or her colleagues. These are also not "just" general advising meetings. These are face-to-face opportunities with your advisor, one of the few you will have prior to their writing your letter. So you need to always be on your best performance.

Certainly, what's done is done, but I would recommend that you work on your scheduling skills to ensure that you do not make this same mistake a third time. Tardiness and no shows can significantly affect someone's perception of you. Personally, I would struggle to give a student my highest recommendation if they were late on multiple occasions (barring extenuating circumstances). Just my thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users