HPSP and Failed COMLEX level 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMMguru

Reaction score
As the title says, i am sad that i did not pass and i was wondering… Will i be kicked out of The military, would they give me a 2nd chance to retake it? Im scared and frightened what would happen next. I still want to pursue medicine, especially in the military.
I am just not that great taking standardized exams and my english is not my primary language.
i feel like all my dreams got crushed!
i need advise or suggestions.
currently on my FM audition rotation… and all my fall semester set up with auditions clerkship rotations.

Members don't see this ad.

Won’t be the first time it’s happened to someone. It’ll have an impact on residency selection but you just need to analyze by you failed and move forward. As long as you pass and graduate you’ll be guaranteed a TY spot at the minimum. However if you take longer than 4 years to graduate you might lose that stipend for any additional time spent in school.

Reactions: 1 user
Won’t be the first time it’s happened to someone. It’ll have an impact on residency selection but you just need to analyze by you failed and move forward. As long as you pass and graduate you’ll be guaranteed a TY spot at the minimum. However if you take longer than 4 years to graduate you might lose that stipend for any additional time spent in school.
thank you for your reply! This gives me some hope...
do you or anyone know, If people do take a 5th year, how are they supported financially? Do they request a big private loan?

thank you for your reply! This gives me some hope...
do you or anyone know, If people do take a 5th year, how are they supported financially? Do they request a big private loan?
The people that I have known to take a fifth year end up paying for medical school like everyone else. Cash vs loan.

Reactions: 1 user