HPSP health insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsmittyund03

Bob Schneider fan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a medical school that besides not offering health insurance, they require it. I'm also accepting an Army HPSP scholarship. Anybody have a good plan that costs around the $950/yr maximum the Army will reimburse? I'm kind of intimidated by the choices out there, and of course if I got COBRA through work, I'd be paying $340/month...that's not an option.

Members don't see this ad.

Others have posted on here that if your medical school requires health insurance, HPSP will reimburse you for it.

jsmittyund03 said:
I'm going to a medical school that besides not offering health insurance, they require it. I'm also accepting an Army HPSP scholarship. Anybody have a good plan that costs around the $950/yr maximum the Army will reimburse? I'm kind of intimidated by the choices out there, and of course if I got COBRA through work, I'd be paying $340/month...that's not an option.

Do a search under my posts. I explained how I was able to get the Army to reimburse me the full amount for my health insurance. As long as your school requires you to have health insurance, whether it be their insurance or a comparable insurance plan, the Army will reimburse you for it.