HPSP MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treyc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When reading about the scholarship,
I typically read that 500 (124 minimum on each section) is the minimum to receive the scholarship.
If I am below that minimum MCAT, but above average on GPA with good EC’s, could I still receive the scholarship if I get an acceptance letter?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Typically you should always apply to hpsp program with an acceptance letter on hand to increase your chances.

Otherwise, you will be complete with your military package but won’t get boarded because you still lack an acceptance from a school.

Now this does not mean that you should not apply ahead of time but again an acceptance letter makes things go bit faster.

Typically you should always apply to hpsp program with an acceptance letter on hand to increase your chances.

Otherwise, you will be complete with your military package but won’t get boarded because you still lack an acceptance from a school.

Now this does not mean that you should not apply ahead of time but again an acceptance letter makes things go bit faster.
Yes, I will not be applying until I have an acceptance letter.

I guess the question I’m asking is:
If I get accepted to medical school, but my MCAT score is below the HPSP minimum, could I still have a chance at receiving the scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have an acceptance letter it may be a moot point

Again since you typically start application before acceptance, the mcat score cutoff is enforced kinda

But if you are accepted somewhere then your chances are better

Current Army healthcare recruiter. If you don't have the minimum MCAT score you have to apply for a MAC (minimum acceptance criteria) waiver. All depends how competitive they think you are and how many applicants are applying. If we fill the spots without the need to approve waivers then most likely it won't be accepted. Lot of the time they put you on the OML (order of merit list) meaning if a spot at the end of the year is still open you will get it. PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 user