Hypothetical Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdssdj

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm preparing for an asynchronous video interview by going through questions on SDN.

I've found the following question a little tricky in the sense that I'm not sure what its trying to test and I'm not sure if my answer below is a good one (explained below).

Question: If you had made a promise to work as an aid in a summer camp for children in need, and your friends asked if you would attend a medical mission trip instead, which would you choose and why?"

My answer: This is a situation where I have competing priorities. In this situation I would want to attend the medical mission trip however I do not want to default on a promise. I would try to resolve this situation by first speaking with the summer camp and giving them my situation. Its possible that I could volunteer a different week during the summer so that I could go on the medical mission trip without defaulting on my promise. By brining up the issue they may let me know they have an excess of volunteers and that my service isn't crucial. However, if they do direly need my service that week I'd let me friend know that I have already committed myself and say that I cannot go on this trip but I'd like to go in the future.

Concern with my answer: Does this show that I would prioritize non medical school commitments over medical school related activities?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.