I am here to get disability for my voices - are you the disability doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnysgang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0keK61iPYo

Hope you guys enjoy watching this as much as I had fun making it...Please forward it if you like it...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:laugh:

I had to forward that to some of the residents. Well done! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not like it at first but it grew on me. I love how the doctor is so calm and composed the whole time. There should be a subtitle for what's going on in his head. :)

I feel sorry for him. :)

"[I see]...the guy from 2 1/2 men".

:laugh:

Hate the show btw, the actors, everything. Unfunny and common denominator crap, an unfunny narcissistic womanizer.

Man- I had a patient come in and try to get me to fill out forms so he could get the equivalent to American disability in his home country. He was already getting benefits here. And was upset that I wouldn't fill out the forms. He wanted me to put he was very sick, not the specific illnesses which were hyperlipidemia and GERD. I have no idea how he scored benefits in THIS country.

Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement - they do mean a lot...this is the first time I have done anything like this so all this feedback is much appreciated....Please feel free to forward it to friends/colleagues if you think they would enjoy it...

"See that certificate on the wall from the University of Virginia? That is my liquor license that allows me to make the best gin and tonics available..." or something like that.

We see people like this all day and all night long where i work. I know, I know, you shouldn't lack compassion, but encounters like these provide hours of endless giggles bewteen those of us still not too burnt out enough to have a sense of humor.

Very good job on this video. It is very funny, thank you for this.

-oh yes, one time i had a guy tell me (regarding the question about paranoia) that he was seeing the little yellow man from the yellow pages TV advertisements running around his house and come after him. I asked him if he thought the yellow pages cartoon man was trying to hurt him or sending him any command messages, and he said "No, he is just trying to drive me crazy." And a moment later, "And come to think of it, he's not even paying any rent. That can't be right can it?"

Last edited:
"-oh yes, one time i had a guy tell me (regarding the question about paranoia) that he was seeing the little yellow man from the yellow pages TV advertisements running around his house and come after him. I asked him if he thought the yellow pages cartoon man was trying to hurt him or sending him any command messages, and he said "No, he is just trying to drive me crazy." And a moment later, "And come to think of it, he's not even paying any rent. That can't be right can it?"

Thanks for the support...I appreciate the feedback a lot..The yellow pages story reminded me of a patient I just saw. This gentleman with a long history of EtOH dependence was admitted to medicine and 3 days later was showing clear signs of DT. I went in to see him and he asked me what I was doing in his house. I told him that he was in a hospital and he asked if the hospital had taken over his house. He then lowered his voice an octave and in a conspiratorial tone told me that if the hospital gave him some "hush money" he would keep it quiet (at which point he made a zipper across his lips gesture).

I am looking at making a second video...few ideas floating around...this will be the first place I post it when I get it done..