I am thinking about suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmacistforever

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am under a lot of stress from myself and my parents. My parents have very high expectations from me that I cant archive. I am expected to go to pharmacy school even though I am struggling so much with science classes that I hate. I don't like what I am studying. I work in a pharmacy and I hate dealing with patients who are rude to me for no reason. I got accepted to one pharmacy school but I dont think I will survive. I am so tired from the constant stress and the tests that dont stop. I know deep down that I wont make through pharmacy school and I will end up dropping out with so much loans or killing myself. I am pretty beaten up and I don't know what to do. My parents are extremity poor , my brother is menetly ******ed and my father has leukemia. I don't even have health insurance to go to a doctor. Yes I got accepted to pharmacy school which is a big deal for someone who is English is his second language like me. I came to america 7 years ago and life here is insanely stressful I am 25 single guy seeking an advice. I would just kill myself but I am too chicken to do it. My father used to call me a failure all the time till I got to pharmacy school. Now I am a great son even though I hate that career with a passion. I was never asked to do what I like, I always had to do what my parents like.

Members don't see this ad.

There is always a way to a better situation even if you cannot see it yet. DO NOT LOSE HOPE!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, OP. Just know that there are always people out there who care for you. Try to have a talk with your parents about your feelings.

You're worth so much. Whatever it is you choose to do as a career, somebody's life will be better because of it.

Reactions: 1 user
As HCHopeful mentioned, try discussing your feelings with your parents. They care more about you than pharmacy school.

The intelligence and hard work that got you into pharmacy school will take you far in life; don't give up hope!

I did talk to them in the past but I never went physically to the hospital that they refered me to. I dont know how to talk toy parents about my feelings. I will be looked down at because I am a loser since the family is filled with doctors and pharmacists

This thread has been reported by several users due to the comments about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind the OP and all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN or other non-professional resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.