Other OT-Related Information I feel bamboozled... UF OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NPULFC

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted all my materials late Jan/early Feb (after my last pre-req cleared onto my transcript) for the MSOT at UF, this includes transcripts,my GRE and the applications on OTCAS and UF's.

When I went to check the status of my materials all of them were marked received but my GRE scores. I called ETS and they said they were sent and received by UF on the 8th of Feb and all UF had to do was download the scores. I then spoke the the office of graduate admissions and they told me they hadn't received it but to check back within the next week and they should have it.

Fast forward to the deadline day Feb17th, and I go to check the status and its STILL not there. I email the office and try to call them but was told to call back when the higher up was there. I email the OT department head on that following Monday and she tells me that its too late to look at new applications because they already sorted them out and that I'm basically SOL.

I emailed the office of grad admissions again and they tell me that they have been awaiting a batch of scores to come in since the 7th of Feb due to a processing error!

I spent near $150 for the OTCAS fee and the UF app fee and the $27 fee for ETS and i had literally no chance at them even looking at my application. I have been calling since to see if I can get a refund and either the person I need isn't there or something else arises.

I think its partially my fault for waiting until the 6th to submit my scores but I figured they are sent electronically and would be there, then I get told about this error and that I'm SOL.

sigh

ALSO, sorry for the typos and such typing this on mobile in bed.

Members don't see this ad.