I got a B in Physics 1, is this bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sal211

Reaction score
I go to a university that is on the quarter system. So the general physics sequence has 3 parts. I was feeling really good about the 1st part, my lab grade was excellent 95% my lecture grade was good too 91% and both grades are combined to give the final grade. However, when it came to the final exam I got a D. I did all the math on it no problem got those points but the majority of the exam was multiple choice (which we never had before on any other test) so my grade went from an A- essentially to a B flat. I am literally still awestruck and fuming over it. I went over the multiple choice several times and felt confident I understood the question, concept and chose the right answer but clearly that is not the case. Is a B going to sink me? Or am I over reacting? I’m obviously going to reevaluate my approach next quarter but this has been devastating

Members don't see this ad.

You're overreacting. One B is not going to sink anyone. Even multiple B's won't.

I go to a university that is on the quarter system. So the general physics sequence has 3 parts. I was feeling really good about the 1st part, my lab grade was excellent 95% my lecture grade was good too 91% and both grades are combined to give the final grade. However, when it came to the final exam I got a D. I did all the math on it no problem got those points but the majority of the exam was multiple choice (which we never had before on any other test) so my grade went from an A- essentially to a B flat. I am literally still awestruck and fuming over it. I went over the multiple choice several times and felt confident I understood the question, concept and chose the right answer but clearly that is not the case. Is a B going to sink me? Or am I over reacting? I’m obviously going to reevaluate my approach next quarter but this has been devastating
Whoever told you that you need a 4.0 to get into medical should be drawn and quartered.

Take two of these please:
000090094.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're heavily over-reacting. The neuroticism is strong here.

I got a C in Physics II and O-Chem II (in the same semester!). Got a B in both of those classes the semester prior.

Still got an A this cycle (potentially multiple) and I would've gotten an A last cycle if I had interviewed better (got a WL instead). Any feedback I've ever gotten has been "your academic record is great! Next topic..."

Don't over-analyze it. Just get the course work done, learn as much as you can for the MCAT, and make sure your overall GPA isn't atrocious.

Thank you all for your feedback! It really helped me feel better, I appreciate all of you!

I’d strongly recommend against Xanax (unless the picture was figurative Xanax)

I got a B in physics 1 and it hasn't come up in my residency interviews so far, but I'll update you if it does ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Don't listen to the above advice. IT'S ALL RUINED AND THEY WILL COME FOR YOUR HOUSE NEXT.

To answer your questions yes you're overreacting x 500. Please breathe my friend

• Haha