I got a job interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
... at a hospital. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I thought you already had a job.

Congrats on the interview though. :D

Is it inpatient? Outpatient? Clinical?

I thought you already had a job.

Congrats on the interview though. :D

Is it inpatient? Outpatient? Clinical?
Right. This is job #2.
I've always wanted to work retail and hospital simultaneously. I see it as getting the best of both worlds. :p

It's LTAC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right. This is job #2.
I've always wanted to work retail and hospital simultaneously. I see it as getting the best of both worlds. :p

It's LTAC.

Awesome, I have often wondered what it would be like to work in the Lossless Transform Audio Compression field. Good Luck! :thumbup:

Awesome, I have often wondered what it would be like to work in the Lossless Transform Audio Compression field. Good Luck! :thumbup:
Funny... Thanks!

Some of my rotations (IPPE and APPE) were at little, specialty hospitals.
I really enjoyed them. :cool:

Funny... Thanks!

Some of my rotations (IPPE and APPE) were at little, specialty hospitals.
I really enjoyed them. :cool:

Thanks! I really did have to google LTAC and that was the second thing on the list. I can be pretty corny sometimes.

Couldn't agree more! Something about having a small, close-nit staff just cannot be beat. None of that infighting, backstabbing, snake in the grass bulls***.

Anyway, Good Luck!

BTW, I assume this job is imaginary? I mean we all know there are no jobs. ;)

Last edited:
I was hoping you were gonna say at my hospital :p But congrats on the interview :thumbup:

Thanks! I really did have to google LTAC and that was the second thing on the list. I can be pretty corny sometimes.

Couldn't agree more! Something about having a small, close-nit staff just cannot be beat. None of that infighting, backstabbing, snack in the grass bulls***.

Anyway, Good Luck!

BTW, I assume this job is imaginary? I mean we all know there are no jobs. ;)
It's as close to imaginary as you can get; it's PRN. Lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
One less job for us :( Good for you though :D
I feel very lucky :luck: It was the only part-time, hospital job opening that I could find within 50 miles.

Well... if you want a job too... pay attention during rotations. :p

Actually, it was the ONLY hospital job opening within 50 miles of where I live.

I feel very lucky :luck: It was the only part-time, hospital job opening that I could find within 50 miles.

Well... if you want a job too... pay attention during rotations. :p

To anything in particular? Or just pay attention to everything?

To anything in particular? Or just pay attention to everything?
Try to absorb as much from the rotation as you can. When it comes to the interview, you want to sell yourself and look knowledgeable.

Congrats on the job!

If you really want to, I've heard that you can do PRN jobs at a couple of different retails as long as they aren't direct competitors. My pharmacist got a PIC job at Sams and he was still allowed to work PRN at CVS since they were two different kinds of pharmacies (don't ask me how that worked but I heard the DM specifically say it was okay.)

EDIT: Just saw you are doing clinical and retail. That's awesome as well, now you get to see how the people act in a hospital and then what really happens after they get out and have to do things on their own.

Have you seen anyone in retail that you helped discharge at the hospital? Have you ever checked on them in the profile to see if they were there and filled their meds like they were supposed to? :p

Congrats on the job!

If you really want to, I've heard that you can do PRN jobs at a couple of different retails as long as they aren't direct competitors. My pharmacist got a PIC job at Sams and he was still allowed to work PRN at CVS since they were two different kinds of pharmacies (don't ask me how that worked but I heard the DM specifically say it was okay.)

EDIT: Just saw you are doing clinical and retail. That's awesome as well, now you get to see how the people act in a hospital and then what really happens after they get out and have to do things on their own.

Have you seen anyone in retail that you helped discharge at the hospital? Have you ever checked on them in the profile to see if they were there and filled their meds like they were supposed to? :p
I've only seen that once, but reverse. I knew a patient from retail and then saw him at a hospital where I worked. He was in critical care and eventually died. It was surreal.

I got the job!!!

Welcome to the "good guys team".... i am always stoked when i have added help on my shift! just wondered what your view was about hospital pharmacists coming and working retail prn? thanks and good luck!

I've only seen that once, but reverse. I knew a patient from retail and then saw him at a hospital where I worked. He was in critical care and eventually died. It was surreal.

We had a pharmacist at my last job (hospital) who had come from retail, and when she saw one name on the census, said that the nurses almost certainly had their hands full with this guy because he was so nasty and smelled bad too.

And then we got an order sheet where the doctor addressed these exact issues! :laugh:

As for my interview on Monday, I'm having a really bad feeling about it and may reschedule. My region might get heavy snow, so I'll see what happens tomorrow. If conditions aren't safe, they will understand.