I got a W in one class and took it again. Is is classified as "repeated course?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2ne1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the coursework section of the app, I got a W on one of my classes and took it again next quarter and recieved a letter grade. For the one I got a letter grade, do I put it under "repeated course" for special classification? Since it was a W on the first time I took it, I didn't recieve any credit...so I was wondering if it will be considered a repeated course. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

On the coursework section of the app, I got a W on one of my classes and took it again next quarter and recieved a letter grade. For the one I got a letter grade, do I put it under "repeated course" for special classification? Since it was a W on the first time I took it, I didn't recieve any credit...so I was wondering if it will be considered a repeated course. Thanks!!

it's a repeated course for sure.

No it shouldn't be. Repeated is mainly for classes that you failed.

For example, I took a class last year, bombed the midterm, withdrew and took a W.

Later, I took the same class and got a B. That "B" shouldn't be considered "repeated".

Also, I don't think you should put "X Units" under "CREDITS ATTEMPTED" because then, the W will factor into your AADSAS GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont understand what you mean by "x units" it makes you put in a numerical value.

Yes, clearly a class you "repeated" after you dropped it with a W is a "repeated" class. And no, the W won't hurt your GPA because it doesn't have a numerical value, it's calculated the same as a Pass. Not sure about the X units thing, they didn't do that back in the day (haha, 2 years already?). Either way, like I said before, it doesn't matter how many units it is, since it doesn't have a numerical value of Grade Points.

They asked how many units for the W class. Thus, they might calculate it. I'm just worried

no it's not a repeated course. I had a W too on my transcript and AADSAS changed the status of the repeated course I wrote down for me to normal. I asked them why and they said you never COMPLETED the course that's why

I was just going off of the handbook, which states that, "A repeated course is one that you have taken more than once, regardless of the reason." Either way, it doesn't really matter what you put, they'll figure it out.

And don't worry, a W won't be calculated in your GPA, as, like I said before, there's no numerical point value for it. Numerical value, as in, an A counts as 4.0 points for every unit.

I didn't put mine as a repeated course, because there was no grade for it, and I dropped it in like three weeks.

I think a "repeated course" is one which you completed the semester, and received a grade for it, then "repeated" to improve your score.

I didn't put mine as a repeated course, because there was no grade for it, and I dropped it in like three weeks.

I think a "repeated course" is one which you completed the semester, and received a grade for it, then "repeated" to improve your score.

It really doesn't matter though when you drop it.

If you drop a class before the W deadline (the date by which you can drop the class and not get a W), which many schools have, you may have no record of this class on your transcripts, in this case, you probably shouldn't put it on AADSAS because the transcripts won't match.

you MUST report number of credit hours attempted. I read a subset in the instructions or the FAQ within the application- I think it was regarding special classifications, but I can't locate it right now.

Besides, if your university reports it as 4.00 (or whatever) credit hours and you need to report it exactly as it appears on your transcript....

Thanks for the replies! I didn't think it was a repeated course since I never completed it. I put 4 units for credits attempted. Hopefully everything works out fine!

Thanks for the replies! I didn't think it was a repeated course since I never completed it. I put 4 units for credits attempted. Hopefully everything works out fine!

no, it is not a repeated course.