I got kicked out of my interview for eating grilled chicken

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godspeedyou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was for a special program and I was hungry and didn't have enough time to eat before my interview so I put my grilled chicken and vegetables in a little doggy bag and hit the road. Half way through the interview my stomach was growling and my head started to hurt so I took the doggy bag out of my backpack and started eating. The dean just stared at me for a couple seconds and then asked what I was doing, so I started eating faster so I could finish it fast and then keep talking without looking rude. He then asked me to leave so I let out a big "what?" with my mouthful, shook my head, packed up my chicken and left... Worst day of my entire life.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
lolllll I don't care if this is a troll post or not..made me laugh :p

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg I had a really similar experience!

It was for a special program and I was really hungry and didn't have enough time to eat before conducting my next interview with another candidate for our program. I had forgotten the grilled chicken and vegetable my wife packed in this doggy bag before I hit the road to my office that morning. Halfway through that interview my stomach was growling and my head started to hurt. Apparently the candidate noticed my hunger and pulled out this similar doggy bag and seemed like was going to offer me some. BUT he simply started eating in front of me with this look of contempt. When I tried to nudge him to share some with me by asking him what he was doing, he started eating faster as if he was mocking my hunger.

I was so mad so I asked him to leave. He had the audacity to let out a big incredulous "what?", mocking me with his mouthful of delicious grilled chicken and shook his head in pity and left... WITH THE CHICKEN! Didn't even leave me the leftovers....

Worse day of my entire life.

It was for a special program and I was hungry and didn't have enough time to eat before my interview so I put my grilled chicken and vegetables in a little doggy bag and hit the road. Half way through the interview my stomach was growling and my head started to hurt so I took the doggy bag out of my backpack and started eating. The dean just stared at me for a couple seconds and then asked what I was doing, so I started eating faster so I could finish it fast and then keep talking without looking rude. He then asked me to leave so I let out a big "what?" with my mouthful, shook my head, packed up my chicken and left... Worst day of my entire life.

Reactions: 20 users
Grilled?! Rookie mistake, had you brought Colonel all would be well.

Reactions: 5 users
Grilled?! Rookie mistake, had you brought Colonel all would be well.

I disagree. Every time I order fried chicken, I feel like I'm opening Easter eggs.

Reactions: 1 user
I disagree. Every time I order fried chicken, I feel like I'm opening Easter eggs.

Meh, I just feel regret and anticipation of the ensuing bowel prep-esq onslaught.

Reactions: 1 users

That sucks, but you did the right thing on getting your macros in. #gainz

Reactions: 9 users

OMG! I had something similar happen to me! During an interview at a certain medical school that shall go unnamed as I have an aversion towards buzz marketing, we had KFC for lunch. KFC! Pre-interview fried chicken mind you. And not the knockoff NYC kennedy fried chicken, but the real deal from Kentucky. You can see that this was perhaps a recipe for disaster (pun intended). I could smell the tender cripsyness wafting through the air, and my salivary glands produced a tsunami that could only be quenched by fried drumsticks.

40 minutes later, I was due for my interview, but I could feel the food coma overtaking me as the interviewer is introducing himself. During the interview, arguably one of the if not THE most important moment in my medical career so far, I dozed off and awoke soon after with dribbles falling off the corner of my mouth and onto my grease stained tie. Naturally, my interviewer was incensed and told me in no uncertain terms that I was not fit for this nor any other institution of higher learning, that I was not fit to be a witch doctor not to mention a real doctor, and to get the heck out of his office before he puts his foot where the sun doesn't shine.

2 weeks later, I got my acceptance letter in the mail.

Moral of the story? Bring a bib to your interview.

Am I... missing something?
He blew the interview because he started eating grilled chicken in the middle of it. What is there to miss? The mistake was obvious because everyone knows that if you partake of grilled comestibles in a professional environment, it's all about dem ribz.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Your avatar again fits your post, this time eating spicy grilled chicken.

kfc-the-hound.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
You know I had a group interview at bath and body works when I was 17 and this girl showed up in ripped up jeans, a tank a bagel and a Starbucks. I was like people actually do this? My second thought was why didn't she bring enough for all the interviewees? So even though your chicken story is probably fake I am sure somebody showed up at an interview like this at some point or another.

This is, so far, my all time favorite troll post.

But it does make for a decent interview question!

Reactions: 8 users

Grilled or original. Those 11 herbs and spices are a pro tip!!!

OP was obviously rejected for a lack of commitment. If you are gonna eat some chicken at an interview it better be the blazen challenge. Med schools love the strength and courage of someone who can down hot wings. Automatic acceptance for not burping and/or farting afterwards.

Reactions: 8 users

Sir Goro what would actually happen if this happened?

Just a rip off a post that was made on the misc section of bodybuilding.com the other day

I wouldn't kick the kid out, but I'd reject on the spot.
Even if he was really approaching hypoglycemia and feeling light-headed? Empty stomach and stress can do wacky things

Edit: jk I thought OP meant in the waiting room instead of directly in front of the interviewer lol. Ok reject is good.

Eating something small in the waiting room is ok though right?

That's funny because I came out of my interview with grilled chicken to eat .

If you are hungry for a special project that will not have enough time to eat before the interview , and so on. Grilled chicken and vegetables with a little dog in my bag and hit the road halfway through the interview , interest in my stomach , my head started to hurt and I took the dog in the bag in my bag , and began to eat . Dean stared at me for a few seconds and asked me what I was doing , and I began to eat faster , so I quickly finished , and then was able to continue the conversation without being rude . Then he asked me , do I let out a big " Why ? " With my mouth I shook my head caught up in the worst day of my food ... my entire life .

Does anyone have such a thing happen already ?

Bojangles is where it's at son. Rookie mistake haha

What you should have done is compare the sandwich to the American healthcare system, with the chicken representing the professionals (doctors, nurses, pharmacists), the mayo representing the tools and drugs that are used, and the bread representing the physical buildings where healthcare takes place (hospitals, offices).

Then, you start explaining that the problem with the current system is that all the consumers (public) want care for free. You proceed to take a bite of the sandwich. Continue, demonstrating that the system as its designed today will bring all of healthcare tumbling down.

It's not a perfect analogy, but the fact that you used a chicken sandwich to illustrate the downfall of American healthcare has got to score you points with someone.

I wouldn't kick the kid out, but I'd reject on the spot.

Is there any reason you would kick a person out of an interview half-way through?

Lol I offered the dean some muffins thinking he was an applicant - I was accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.