I got my first secondary from Medical college of Ga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hook17

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does that mean my aamc app is verified? Its due in January i guess i have some time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hon,

It means that the application is submitted, processed/verified, and now in the hands of medical schools

Now we know its official, the med schools have started to upload all the applications that were sent.

Get your secondaries in with the same speed and efficiency and accuracy as you got your primaries in with. That's how you'll be in earlier line for earlier interviews.

January is probably the deadline because they probably are one of the schools with a AMCAS deadline of December something or another.

However, the better way to go about it is to have an earlier application.

Yea, I'll try to submit it soon, but I hate the why and where medicine questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hook17 said:
Yea, I'll try to submit it soon, but I hate the why and where medicine questions.

The why medicine question is just a fancy way of asking you to repeat or expand upon your personal statement.

Talk about experiences you had that motivated you. Maybe something happened while volunteering or working in medicine, maybe you have seen a family member suffer of a critical health issue,etc.

that basically summed up my personal statement

make sure however, that you do not repeat your personal statement. secondaries are annoying cuz they ask you to say the same thing in different ways. but they will be totally peeved if you just lift your secondary essays from your personal statement. instead use those essays to elaborate in detail some of the points you mentioned in your secondaries.

lulubean said:
make sure however, that you do not repeat your personal statement. secondaries are annoying cuz they ask you to say the same thing in different ways. but they will be totally peeved if you just lift your secondary essays from your personal statement. instead use those essays to elaborate in detail some of the points you mentioned in your secondaries.

Good call!!!

I got my first secondary today also....RWJ... no additional essays :)

JrsyGirl114 said:
I got my first secondary today also....RWJ... no additional essays :)

Wow that's lucky of you not to have to stress over more essays.

Hook17 said:
Does that mean my aamc app is verified? Its due in January i guess i have some time.

Hey I also got the secondary from MCG, but in my email and in the packet it says the secondary as to be filled out and returned within two weeks, the january deadline is just for LORs and other supporting stuff...
just thought to let you know..
Good luck :luck: :thumbup:

Received my secondary also...well, I had like two weeks of not thinking about essays. :)

to all MCG applicants..i have a question for you. they prefer (but not essential) that one of the two personal references come from a physician. i actually have an MD who is willing to write me a letter. he was my thesis advisor but i am just not sure how strong the letter will be. on the other hand, i have a co-worker from a previous job who would write an amazing letter. who would you choose? a mediocre one from an MD or a strong one from an electron microscopist?

ernieraisin said:
to all MCG applicants..i have a question for you. they prefer (but not essential) that one of the two personal references come from a physician. i actually have an MD who is willing to write me a letter. he was my thesis advisor but i am just not sure how strong the letter will be. on the other hand, i have a co-worker from a previous job who would write an amazing letter. who would you choose? a mediocre one from an MD or a strong one from an electron microscopist?

Thats easy, I would go with the storng one from non-physician...
Thats what I am doing anyway...
Good luck!

Hook17 said:

I got it, too. Good call, I probably wouldn't have checked my email if I hadn't seen this.

Dude I dont think huggy is gonna send out the hvac letters for regular decision applicants anytime soon.

Hook17 said:
Dude I dont think huggy is gonna send out the hvac letters for regular decision applicants anytime soon.

I think mine's ready, I been reminding him a lot because I need to have it ready so I can interview early with the basketball thing.