Medical I Had a Very Short Medical School Interview - Should I Be Worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I recently had a medical school interview that was scheduled for thirty minutes, but the interviewer stopped asking questions after ten minutes. They then asked "Do you have any questions for me?" and I asked them several questions that lengthened the exchange to twenty minutes. This was my first interview and I was very surprised by how short it was. Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance!

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

I recently had a medical school interview that was scheduled for thirty minutes, but the interviewer stopped asking questions after ten minutes. They then asked "Do you have any questions for me?" and I asked them several questions that lengthened the exchange to twenty minutes. This was my first interview and I was very surprised by how short it was. Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance!

— Experts please respond to this post —
What did the admissions staff tell you regarding your expectations for your interview? Was it open-file? Is it conversational? Are there structured questions or was it unstructured? Do you get only one interview or several?

It's not unusual, but there's not enough information to figure out if this is a problem. Honestly, only the admissions staff would have a clue, and they should not tell you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, this is not unusual
my guess is either he/she is not a talkative person or they just assigned the interview to the professor as part of his job duties and he/she might even be filling in for someone else, while having no real interest in doing the interview.

Totally not your fault, and not to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.