I just submitted my first application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emily487

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just submitted my first application tonight!

It was the application for New York Medical College. I'm applying to five more schools, but I haven't finished my SOPHAS application yet.

Other than NYMC I'm applying to Emory, Yale, Pitt, Washington University in St. Louis, and University of Albany.

Where is everyone else applying? How are you doing in the application process so far?

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing im waiting right now is one LOR. I guess my professor is really busy. sigh. I wont like waiting. but in life i guess you have to be patient.

UC Berkeley. And 7 other schools. This is the one i really really need to get in. haha.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on two LORs, but I've submitted my application otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't submitted my SOPHAS yet..... haven't got any of my LOR in.

I think I'm doomed for the 12/1 deadline :scared:

I'm hoping to submit next week!

Wash U has an MPH program?!

Has it been accredited yet? Last time I checked CEPH it wasn't there :confused:
I just checked CEPH's website and Wash U is NOT accredited. And isn't the program held in the social work school?

I still haven't submitted my SOPHAS yet..... haven't got any of my LOR in.

I think I'm doomed for the 12/1 deadline :scared:
Why do you think so? Are the LORs all you're missing and is it that you're just waiting on those who you've already asked? Are you doing them electronically? If so, I suggest submitting it now which gives them the time to receive your transcripts, review it all, and make sure your coursework/paperwork is correct. For those of us applying to spring semesters with deadlines in October (BU's was yesterday), we're only given a month and a half since SOPHAS opens to do it all. So it's certainly doable.

I e-submitted the end of August only to have it sent back to me the end of September. I needed to mail them another trascript. Everything went through last Friday and it was mailed to the school Wed (I had resubmitted it on the 5th). Now, I may have no idea what I'm talking about, but if I get accepted I'll let you all know. It's the only school I applied to for this spring.

Yeah, I actually got clarification from Berkeley that you can still e-submit all the way through Dec. 1. They just need hard copy stuff in their hands by then (GRE score, transcript).

How good is the program at U of Buffalo? I checked its website that its not yet accredited with CEPH. Also your comments on the program at Wayne University...

Also, do online programs carry same weight as the ones done on campus?

I am a Canadian planning to do MPH from US such that if i get into a program, I can commute daily to and fro from Canada to US, so my choices are limited. Your suggestions will be very valuable.

Thanks and Goodluck!

i'm waiting for one more LOR and then just gotta revise my statement for SOPHAS then I can submit. But I'm still working through the grad apps.

Schools I'm applying to: UCLA, Cal, Emory, UC Davis, GWU, Yale, Columbia, BU, SDSU, Dartmouth

haven't submitted yet...one week hopefully?