$$$ I Love the Dough $$$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

internist88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what are the salaries of all the major IM specialities ie derm, cards, GI, Pul, and hem/onc. I'd especially like to know the salaries of Pul and hem/onc if you don't have time for all of them. Thanks in advance!! (btw please post the actual url and don't just say visit the nike website or something)

Members don't see this ad.

Any salary information that could be offered is subjective. In general, the more procedural specialties are the most financially rewarded.

I notice that you are still in high school, or have just graduated. I would caution you to choose medicine in general and your specialty with regards to what you most enjoy, and not so much for the money. Before I get slammed, I am not saying that salary is not important. But you will be happier making a reasonable living doing something you love than making tons of money doing something you hate. If you love to take care of the sick, and not just "the dough", then medicine will be a good fit for you.

internist88 said:
Just wondering what are the salaries of all the major IM specialities ie derm, cards, GI, Pul, and hem/onc. I'd especially like to know the salaries of Pul and hem/onc if you don't have time for all of them. Thanks in advance!! (btw please post the actual url and don't just say visit the nike website or something)

How is derm an IM speciality?? You lil premed, I caught you!

catburglar.jpg