I missed my MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted956485

Hi guys! I'm kind of nervous right now. I missed my MCAT because of my acute gout. My right foot was swelling like bread and I couldn't even get off my bed. Now it is better, though. So I start to worry about my missing test. This supposed to be my first time taking MCAT. Does this missing test record hurt a lot since my goal is like top 50? I wish this won't affect my whole future career.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about this experience. Will this affect you getting into school? Probably not. Are there some schools with outrageously high standards who won't accept anyone except the most elite students with 99th percentile scores on a solo MCAT attempt? Probably, and maybe this will affect those schools. However, if you have a valid reason they'll probably ask and you can just give your answer.

In the meantime, you can't change that this happened. S*** happens all the time and med schools understand. I do recommend that you talk to your advisor and see if there anything you can do about this. I would also suggest rescheduling ASAP. Call the testing company and see if there are cancellations, etc. Remember you can think outside of your local area and fly to a testing center if you have to/want to. Also, make sure you're ready for the test when you take it.

Best of luck!

Sorry to hear about this experience. Will this affect you getting into school? Probably not. Are there some schools with outrageously high standards who won't accept anyone except the most elite students with 99th percentile scores on a solo MCAT attempt? Probably, and maybe this will affect those schools. However, if you have a valid reason they'll probably ask and you can just give your answer.

In the meantime, you can't change that this happened. S*** happens all the time and med schools understand. I do recommend that you talk to your advisor and see if there anything you can do about this. I would also suggest rescheduling ASAP. Call the testing company and see if there are cancellations, etc. Remember you can think outside of your local area and fly to a testing center if you have to/want to. Also, make sure you're ready for the test when you take it.

Best of luck!
Hi There! Thank you for your reply. However, the test cannot be rescheduled after the silver zone deadline under any circumstances. So I automatically lose one chance out of 2 this year and out of 6 in my lifetime.

Hi There! Thank you for your reply. However, the test cannot be rescheduled after the silver zone deadline under any circumstances. So I automatically lose one chance out of 2 this year and out of 6 in my lifetime.

Unfortunately that is true, but I think the above poster is saying to schedule a new session. You’ll be out the money for the first one but you’ll be able to schedule again. Most slots are probably filled up, but testing centers have waitlists you can get one for cancellations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you contact AAMC? I know they have some waivers to be able to reschedule at no cost due to missed exams - deaths in the family, immediate medical needs, etc. Some I am not AAMC, so I can't say for sure if they would do it, but it's worth an attempt.

the test cannot be rescheduled after the silver zone deadline under any circumstances. So I automatically lose one chance out of 2 this year and out of 6 in my lifetime.
Its 3 per year, 4 in a 2 year period and 7 in a lifetime

No school will see a no-show (which is a missed exam) nor will any school be able to see a void

The only issue you face is now you are down to 6 exams in a lifetime ... which is really, not an issue

Hope you are feeling better!!

Its 3 per year, 4 in a 2 year period and 7 in a lifetime

No school will see a no-show (which is a missed exam) nor will any school be able to see a void

The only issue you face is now you are down to 6 exams in a lifetime ... which is really, not an issue

Hope you are feeling better!!

View attachment 256528
Thank you for your info! I feel a lot better now, both physically and mentally!

Reactions: 1 user