I Need Motivation!

cnet398

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very smart. I get really high test scores however I find trouble motivating myself to do my homework which gives me very bad grades. Does anybody have any solutions to this?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Remember what you're working for. Think of what could happen if you don't put in the effort. Then, make your choice.

Remember what you're working for. Think of what could happen if you don't put in the effort. Then, make your choice.

I read that with Bane's voice in my head...

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:
I always remind myself that I want to be a doctor and I can't do that if I make bad grades and slack off right now.

I'm very smart. I get really high test scores however I find trouble motivating myself to do my homework which gives me very bad grades. Does anybody have any solutions to this?:confused:

Classic case.
I think you need a study buddy ^.^

But find a motivation, as others say. In life, aim for something you want. What is it you want?
You know smarts wont get you anywhere...They just is a better starting line than others.
How successful do you want to be?
Think of what could happen if you continue getting bad grades..
Or do you need me to describe?

Also I forgot to ask you... Are you a senior? If so, its a little more common for this type of behavior to occur :p

Classic case.
I think you need a study buddy ^.^

But find a motivation, as others say. In life, aim for something you want. What is it you want?
You know smarts wont get you anywhere...They just is a better starting line than others.
How successful do you want to be?
Think of what could happen if you continue getting bad grades..
Or do you need me to describe?
:thumbup:

Hello Mr. oak! Haha... uh I don't know if this is helpful but ask yourself or tell yourself "What are my dreams?" "where do I see myself in ten years?" "Could I see myself doing in ten years?" "Is this really something I could do for the rest of my life?" "I will be way more successful then those jerks that would always make fun of me!" Or just listen to your heart! Follow your dreams and your desires!

Members don't see this ad :)
have you guys seen part 2? it's also reeeallly good.

There is no easy solution. You just have to buckle down. That being said, there is a video that has had a great impact on me and I would be more than happy to share. Best wishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTaBD0JwFY

watch "How bad do you want it" or some other inspirational speech on youtube.. or get someone to call you stupid or make fun of you or something, and hopefully that'll fire you up..

Qick Question: What do you do instead of homework? What are the activities keeping you occupied after school hours?

watch "How bad do you want it" or some other inspirational speech on youtube.. or get someone to call you stupid or make fun of you or something, and hopefully that'll fire you up..
Beat ya to it ;)

Motivation is one thing. If you want something bad enough you find a freaking way, if you DON'T you find and excuse, in your case lack of motivation. Think about what you want to succeed in and just DO IT. That's the right path. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds silly but motivates me to study for hours !!!! The better my grades, the more chances I have to pass the MCAT, the better chance I have to be accepted to medical school, the richer I will be in my future well respected job position.;)

I know this sounds silly and insignificant compared to the ways of generating more internal motivation (through questions like where do I want to be in ten years? and what will I wish I did today in twenty years?), but I found that my productivity skyrocketed after downloaded a website blocker like StayFocusd for Google Chrome, which limits the time I spend doing random things on the internet (like stalking sdn :D ). Also, methods like the Pomodoro technique and its counterparts are really really helpful to just get moving. After I started using these methods, my procrastination dropped drastically. Good luck! Remember it all starts with the first step - the first hw assignment you finish, you will want to finish the rest too!

Stop telling yourself you're smart. If you were smart, you would study and get good grades. Being 'smart' is making good choices and putting in effort. Smartness is not (completely) something that comes naturally.

So, make a smart decision today and do your homework..!

How bad do you want success? Ask yourself that question on a daily and that should be more than enough to set you straight.