I need to find a school/organization that does not accept Cs or below AT ALL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Strange

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am going DO but I think this is more apt for MD. I need to retake a C I got in Human Anatomy and Phys from junior year of high school when I took it as a dual enrollment student. This school I took it at does not allow retakes unless the student can provide a valid reason typically from a graduate school or regulatory body. In essence, I jus tneed to show them that a certain school, for instance, has something along the lines of "we do not accept Cs or below" so I can just show it to this school and retake the freakin class. I just need help finding a school be it medical, pharmacy, PA, whatever. DO schools dont care about a C because you can retake it and replace it but long story short I have to take this Human ant and phys course at the same school.

If anyone can give me link to some school or organization with such a requirement that would help me alot!!!

(this is such a stupid predicament)

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen schools refuse C- and below, never C.

I don't think your retake needs to be taken at the same school. Tons of schools will have a Human A+P class.

If you really need to take it at this place, you might have more luck with a letter explaining the very competitive nature of medical school admissions and the AACOMAS grade replacement policy. Maybe an adviser would agree to submit this for you to give it extra legitimacy.

It is a "stupid predicament" but you haven't explained it very well. If you could repost your problem in a calmer and clearer manner I know people will help you figure out a solution.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen schools refuse C- and below, never C.

I don't think your retake needs to be taken at the same school. Tons of schools will have a Human A+P class.

If you really need to take it at this place, you might have more luck with a letter explaining the very competitive nature of medical school admissions and the AACOMAS grade replacement policy. Maybe an adviser would agree to submit this for you to give it extra legitimacy.

It is a "stupid predicament" but you haven't explained it very well. If you could repost your problem in a calmer and clearer manner I know people will help you figure out a solution.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Hey Sorry if it wasnt clear. basically i would have no problem taking Human A&P at another school this summer, but because of AACOMAS regulations, during the academic update period in september, your grade wiill not be recalculated if you have taken a retake at another instition (whereas under normal circumstances you could and would be recalculated if an app were to be submitted initially). if there is no school out there im just gonna ask adviser to do it for me but that will require more work than i want/have time for. This matters because right now I have a 3.35 sGPA, if i do the retake I then will have ~ 3.43 sGPA. doing it at another school wont benefit me this cycle since i would only be able to update it via the academic update.

It's a little late in the game to be worrying about grade replacements. Also - 3.34 vs 3.45 will not make or break your application. What is your MCAT?

It's a little late in the game to be worrying about grade replacements. Also - 3.34 vs 3.45 will not make or break your application. What is your MCAT?

Taking it May 6th--hoping to score around 502. Thats why I want the retake because I am not sure my MCAT will be spectacular. My LOR ECs are above average and my cGPA as of today is a ~ 3.45 so if taking a retake bumps me up i would hope it would somewhat negate a less than stellar MCAT. I asked Goro this long ago and he recommended a retake. It sucks because that C was soooo long ago, but I am afraid of being screened out by DO schools (not as much afraid as oppposed to having a better sGPA to compensate for a average MCAT....) so if the opportunity to take hum a&p to increase my gpa vs say immunology this summer i would go for whatever helps my numbers...

Anyways, do u or anyone else know of any school of any kind to help me out. Otherwise it is lookig like im gonna need to get a professor or adviser out there to just help me out. this school said that a letter from aacomas will not suffice and i already called aacomas anyways to no avail

I am sure Goro recommended a retake, though I am not sure he meant to start the retake after already applying to med school.

Reactions: 1 users
You won't be screened out by DO because of a C in a course that isn't a pre req. Don't worry about this at all. You could get in with or without the retake.

If you want to prove something to these schools, then prove it on your MCAT. This close to test day, it's the only thing that should be on your mind. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't be screened out by DO because of a C in a course that isn't a pre req. Don't worry about this at all. You could get in with or without the retake.

If you want to prove something to these schools, then prove it on your MCAT. This close to test day, it's the only thing that should be on your mind. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're 100% correct. I am reviewing my AAMC sample test, and in between my "breaks" I am checking on this thread lol. But it seems the consensus is forget about Human anatomy and maybe go for an upper level class, like immunology which I would much rather take out of pure interest.

thanks everyone

Reactions: 1 user