I took the new Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLGators74

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think that I failed it because I mostly guessed all the questions (~80%).
85% of my test was patient profile, and I had only 6 calculations. No TPN, no half-life/clearance, no HIV/Cancer questions. 2 herbal questions, 2 pharmaceutics (a question on laminar hood), and 1 on reference books.
I studied for one month using the APhA book, prontopass and Flynn's notes but it made me feel I spent 1 month studying for nothing!
It was really hard and I didn't expect so few calculations :(
I couldn't narrow down the answer and had always 2 left.
By the way, certain test centers still use the OLD Naplex because my friend took the test last week, but she had the old version with the repeated questions (covered by Flynn's notes). The test I took had no repeated question at all and none were covered by Flynn's notes. The lady at the front desk told me they had to close 2 test centers in my area to update their computer system, so I guess they updated the test on that day.

Members don't see this ad.

i took my exam on nov 1st. just got licensed a few days ago! when i took the naplex, i thought i failed too! but i got over 100 on it. don't sweat about it, somehow i think they can get plenty of questions wrong and do well...good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the results.
I failed it and don't know now how to study for it :(
I'm not the only one, I know at least 8 others that failed since they reinstated the Naplex, what's going on?

I passed, new Naplex is different but if you know the topic well, not the answer to a few "old" questions, you can pass. I only went thru APhA once, a review course from RiteAid Co. and Prontopass questions, but I studied the subjects, not the answer for the questions... good luck. Need tips, contact me.

Hi Rxview,

am taking NAPLEX this saturday and have some specific queries. I am not sure whether I should post those here so if you could please give me your email id or contact no. or contact me on my private email
[email protected]

that will be great help.
thanks

FLGators74:

I studied with the same materials you did and I passed. I studied for more than a month since I know I'm not a good test taker and I needed to be prepared for the worst.
Let me know if you want to go over study tips.

FLGators74
I had the same problem. I tried my level best , but I failed. Now I'm in a terrific situation , I don't know what to study, can anybody guide us. It will be a great help for those who lost all their dreams. Thanks ,Grace

Grace 2008:

Sometimes it's not what study materials you have but how you study them. When I first got to pharmacy school, I had really bad study habits. One of my prof. showed me a better way.
I used to read things over and over until I thought I knew it but then I would fail the test. You need to study in a way that forces you to recall answers, like pronto pass or making your own notecards.
Don't give up hope!

As you work, challange yourself on the drugs that you dispense... start easy by generic to brand names, then add in side effects, black box, etc... My exam ( took Nov 6) was all over the map. I only had 15 math questions. If you know your math inside and out, general drug info on the top 200, your not to far from being ready to go. My advice is to pick 1-2 study materials and stick with them. having too much study stuff may be distracting. good luck :p