I was rejected preinterview from top choice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bnmakr1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get my application rereviewed? Would a letter of intent help? Or am I done?

The school is LECOM-B. I lived the majority of my life <90 minutes from the school and is my top choice. By the way my stats are 3.2 3.5 26.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a way to get my application rereviewed? Would a letter of intent help? Or am I done?

The school is LECOM-B. I lived the majority of my life <90 minutes from the school and is my top choice. By the way my stats are 3.2 3.5 26.

Done

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

With a 3.2 and 26, you should not be surprised by the rejection. Your numbers are low average. LECOM-B is one of the more competitive DO schools anyway. Just take whatever acceptances you can get.

Members don't see this ad :)
With a 3.2 and 26, you should not be surprised by the rejection. Your numbers are low average. LECOM-B is one of the more competitive DO schools anyway. Just take whatever acceptances you can get.

Is it? Didn't know that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

yeah this process is a crapshoot. if you are that set on LECOM, call them up and ask what you can do specifically to be more competitive. and when they tell you, do exactly that and try again next year. but you aren't going to get anywhere this year. that was my biggest fear with DMU, but i didn't get rejected so its all good.

Crapshoot is right. I've been invited to interview at schools in states I've never been to before. Yet no love from my state osteopathic school or homestate schools.

At least I'm traveling the country.

yeah this process is a crapshoot. if you are that set on LECOM, call them up and ask what you can do specifically to be more competitive. and when they tell you, do exactly that and try again next year. but you aren't going to get anywhere this year. that was my biggest fear with DMU, but i didn't get rejected so its all good.

Crapshoot is right. I've been invited to interview at schools in states I've never been to before. Yet no love from my state osteopathic school or homestate schools.

At least I'm traveling the country.

Lecom is a private school with primarily an intent on getting the students they think will fit in and graduate. They don't really care that you live in 90 minutes away.
That being said with a 3.2/26 you shouldn't really be picky. You getting accepted by any DO school should be the main goal.

Is it? Didn't know that

yeah their average is like 3.5/28 because they attract MD people due to their low tuition. they can have lecom though, no offense to any current students. I just didnt like the policies and stuff, and i felt like the school wasnt very personalized/friendly.oh well though, for some people im sure this is a great school. just wasnt for me. To the OP, youll find another school you like better anyways.

No, no, yes (but there ARE other schools.) You'll survive.

Yup. No use plugging away at a school that rejected you, you have many other options (although Nova's probably out at this point too)

Their interview has ben full for months

Their interview has ben full for months

They've only been interviewing for about a month. It's been filled up to January for a few weeks though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

like someone else already said, don't get too hung up on a school that doesn't want you. You can get in elsewhere and still receive a great education.

Just got rejected preinterview from LECOM-B. 3.1/3.1/29 - I feel the pit that forms. First rejection. Glad it wasn't from Erie which is significantly closer to me than Bradenton.

That is kinda weird. Do you guys have good EC? I am a 3.65/26 and had an ii at LECOM-B. You all have same or better MCAT's, I have above average EC though.

I think your GPA combined with your "above average ECs" is what your selling point is. I have good MCAT and I think my ECs are also "above average," however my GPA and stability within school is definitely my weak point. Unfortunately, I had some medical issue coupled with personal issues that I addressed in my personal statement with complete honesty that the adcom most likely didn't look to favorably upon.