Iam done with my Boards CAN HELP U ALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redroulette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After getting 88,i got my first interview call from boston
its been a hard long walk,BUT was worth it
Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer
Dental decks is not enough,its bull**** to think so.

Members don't see this ad.

I did very well on my board exam as well. I used the dental board busters text. Dentalboardbusters.com It
s all the information you need to pass but in a book format. The old exams are already in the notes in the appropriate areas. The week prior to my exam I gathered all the old exams and hammered away at them just to get the format down. I am not looking to sell any of my materials. I would like to keep the book for a reference for my office one day. Good luck everyone.

Tell me more about dentalbusters
Biochem,ant ,physio,micro path does it cover all the topics in the curriculam .IS IT A REVIEW BOOK,or onluy question bank??
IT would help everyone ,to have a clear picture,why dont you do A REVIEW FOR ME

Hello redroulette congratulations,
I gave part 1 in Feb & got the result today....i failed:(:(:(...... i think my preparation was not sufficient...anyway i'm thinking of retaking the exam by aug-sept...i need some help.....Is the 'kaplan review notes' & 'usmle lecture notes' the same??? And where can i get them?....where can i get the videos that u were talking about in the thread...Please do reply....It will be of great help...Thank u for the willingness to help everyone..God bless...

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan notes are different than the USMLE notes well kinda anyways. The USMLE book is used by med students for their part 1 and 2 boards. It does have very relevant information for the dental boards part 1 and 2. It gives you a more in depth perspective on all the basic sciences topics. The Dental kaplan book is virtually all of that. I hope this helps...maybe find a copy at your library and skim through both of them.

Hello redroulette congratulations,
I gave part 1 in Feb & got the result today....i failed:(:(:(...... i think my preparation was not sufficient...anyway i'm thinking of retaking the exam by aug-sept...i need some help.....Is the 'kaplan review notes' & 'usmle lecture notes' the same??? And where can i get them?....where can i get the videos that u were talking about in the thread...Please do reply....It will be of great help...Thank u for the willingness to help everyone..God bless...
Hi girly 79,better luck next time,and thank you smileartist for your time and replies on my thread,appreciate it.
Girly 79 try kaplan usmle video lectures which are too good ,they teach u from the scratch,All the videos teach u the most basics and then build up the complete subject,They are worth it,The notes correspond to the lecture and help us understand the video better.
I would recommend Biochem ,micro and physio most certainly.
ANatomy usmle is the best for histology,embry,head neck to this add ACHland videos and u are all set for a 90,it is vast only in CNS.
Path n micro the lectures make studying too easy,lil vast but worth the effort and time.
Top it with BRs anat,path,certain topics from lippencort ,guyton
Asda q bank from 1976-2006,decks for revision
YOu will rock next time around.

My Secret to Success NBDE Part 1

Last edited:
You need to do molecular biochem completely from Usml videos and lecture notes.Only collagen to do from lippencort and basics of fats,proteins and carb REST ALL FROM USML VIDEOS & LECTURE NOTEs .
Do the questions at the end of each lecture.{Lecture notes]
hello red,sorry to disturb u again .i have a doubt.u mentioned to read the basics in carb,protein and fat from lippencort.but i didnt find any basics of lipids in lippencort 3 rd edition .and also i want to know whether it is needed to study about struture of hemoglobin ,fibrous proteins,globular proteins,structure of aminoacids .that is the first 5 chapters in lippencort 3 rd edition.if u can clearly say which are the basic topics to be covered in lippencort ,it will help me a lot.thanks in advance.

U NEED STRONG BASICS
I WOULD RECOMEND USMLE LECTURE NOTES FOR STARTERS
THEN BUILD IT UP WITH OKESON AND WHEELERS
TOP UP WITH THE ASDA BANK
EXTRAS WOULD INCLUDE
first aid,kaplan review [its too much for anat,too less for biochem physio]
guyton for endocrine esp insulin,glucagon and excretory
anat do upper limbs,
okeson for tmj

HEY GUYS NO PMs PLEASE

hi,redloutte
would u recommend to study usmle videos or lecture notes?both r different.....can u please advice me.

Last edited:
hi,redloutte
would u recommend to study usmle videos or lecture notes?both r different.....can u please advice me.
Usml videos and lecture notes are same,
The Lectures are explained in the videos,and the questions at the end of each lecture helps in revising each chapter and the related video lecture

Last edited:
The Lectures are explained in the videos,and the questions at the end of each lecture helps in revising each chapter and the related video lecture

i have start with anatomy.....what will u recommend me to start with?
should i start with lecture notes or videos?

i m really confused
pls help me

hello red,sorry to disturb u again .i have a doubt.u mentioned to read the basics in carb,protein and fat from lippencort.but i didnt find any basics of lipids in lippencort 3 rd edition .and also i want to know whether it is needed to study about struture of hemoglobin ,fibrous proteins,globular proteins,structure of aminoacids .that is the first 5 chapters in lippencort 3 rd edition.if u can clearly say which are the basic topics to be covered in lippencort ,it will help me a lot.thanks in advance.
Basics of lipid and proteins means the basic structure,the bonds and the important lipids and proteins,denaturation of proteins wat bonds are broken?types of lipids imp lipids like phospholipids ,surfactant,cholesterol etc
you dont have to go in detail but you have to know what is what to answer any question which comes from here

Last edited:
Basics of lipid and proteins means the basic structure,the bonds and the important lipids and proteins,denaturation of proteins wat bonds are broken?types of lipids imp lipids like phospholipids ,surfactant,cholesterol etc
you dont have to go in detail but you have to know what is what to answer any question which comes from here

hi,
red
how r u?i read ur posts...u r going good job by helping people like me.....i have to start anatomy usmle lecturenotes as recommended by u but i m really confused from where i shd start with.can u help me....

hi,
red
how r u?i read ur posts...u r going good job by helping people like me.....i have to start anatomy usmle lecturenotes as recommended by u but i m really confused from where i shd start with.can u help me....

Start with lecture 1 which is histology video,keep the lecture notes open
its a 4 hr lecture ,you will cover the entire histo by that time,Add a hour to revise.
Then switch on to Achland head neck,upper limb and trunk
you will be good with entire gross anatomy[1day]
Back to usml lecture 2 embr,lecture 3 uppr limb,lect 4 head neck,back,thorax
you are basically done ..do lecture Cns [ANS]
Cns study from brs as usml cns extensive not needed

You have completed anat,it takes 4 days ,one day to revise.

Last edited:

Start with lecture 1 which is histology video,keep the lecture notes open
its a 4 hr lecture ,you will cover the entire histo by that time,Add a hour to revise.
Then switch on to Achland head neck,upper limb and trunk
you will be good with entire gross anatomy[1day]
Back to usml lecture 2 embr,lecture 3 uppr limb,lect 4 head neck,back,thorax
you are basically done ..do lecture Cns [ANS]
Cns study from brs as usml cns extensive not needed
You have completed anat,it takes 4 days ,one day to revise.

thanks alot red
i more question...........sorry to disturb u gain n again
can i get achaland videos from ebay?
shd i go with achland for only head n neck?
how much will it cost..approx.
thanking u

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks alot red
i more question...........sorry to disturb u gain n again
can i get achaland videos from ebay?
shd i go with achland for only head n neck?
how much will it cost..approx.
thanking u

Achland video series is sold by lippencort publishers for 160 pounds[300$]
try ebay ,you will get copies for less

Last edited:
Hi Red,
Thankyou for your kind help everyday,it helps a lot.Could you kindly brief me about how to go about Immunology.......I listened to the Usmle dvds,do we have to know in detail about lab tecnics, cancer immunolgy etc.would usmle be enough for Immunology?Kindly guide.Thanks again for your reply on Anat prep.God bless you.

Achland video series is sold by lippencort publishers for 160 pounds[300$]
try ebay ,you will get copies for less

thanks for ur reply........god bless u,good people like u r very rare .
sorry to disturb u again n again.
can u pls suggest me ...which study material is good for patho?
cos usmle patho is too vast........

Hi Red,
Thankyou for your kind help everyday,it helps a lot.Could you kindly brief me about how to go about Immunology.......I listened to the Usmle dvds,do we have to know in detail about lab tecnics, cancer immunolgy etc.would usmle be enough for Immunology?Kindly guide.Thanks again for your reply on Anat prep.God bless you.

You basically need to do the first 1-11 chapters in the immunology section,in usml micro lecture notes.
COMPLEMENT is very important,read that throughly
T cells,B cell basics and types
Antigen presenting cells
Cytokines are important
try this, textbook of immunology by Roiit or immunology by Abbas
Immunology is explained from basics and you dont have to gobble it up,try your city library for these books

Last edited:
hi red,
i'm new over here so i need your help and i would be highly obliged if you would do so..........i have already seen some of the tapes back in india n i think they were showing the usmle tapes in the nbde program.....i need the previous year question papers{1997-2008}.where can i get those?im planning to give my exam in may.......are 2months sufficient to prepare for nbde?i have a gpa of 3.86.....i have a greencard because i came on the dependent visa 2yrs back and then i went back to india to complete my graduation......so m i supposed to give my tofl exam ?

Hi Red,
Thankyou for your kind & prompt reply as usual.I will follow your suggestions.Somehow discussing with you makes it seem doable,just like the usmle tapes you simplify the puzzle.Thankyou.God bless you.

hi red,
i'm new over here so i need your help and i would be highly obliged if you would do so..........i have already seen some of the tapes back in india n i think they were showing the usmle tapes in the nbde program.....i need the previous year question papers{1997-2008}.where can i get those?im planning to give my exam in may.......are 2months sufficient to prepare for nbde?i have a gpa of 3.86.....i have a greencard because i came on the dependent visa 2yrs back and then i went back to india to complete my graduation......so m i supposed to give my tofl exam ?

2 months are more than enough for nbde prep
MOnth 1
start with all the videos and lecture notes,5 days for each subject + 5 days to revise.
study for 8-10 hrs a day [4+3+3] typical day
spend 3 hrs revising each day,no matter what u are studying
Its not how much you study but how much you can remember,repeated revisions are essential.
Month 2
Strt with the q banks 1976-2006]asda,revise with decks
if you have done your videos and lecture notes well,you should be able to do decks in 3 hours flat for each topic.Dont gobble up decks
Last one week go flat out and revise as much as u can
Good luck

you need to do toefl if you are a FTD [international dentist].

Last edited:
2 months are more than enough for nbde prep
MOnth 1
start with all the videos and lecture notes,5 days for each subject + 5 days to revise.
study for 8-10 hrs a day [4+3+3] typical day
spend 3 hrs revising each day,no matter what u are studying
Its not how much you study but how much you can remember,repeated revisions are essential.
Month 2
Strt with the q banks 1976-2006]asda,revise with decks
if you have done your videos and lecture notes well,you should be able to do decks in 3 hours flat for each topic.Dont gobble up decks
Last one week go flat out and revise as much as u can
Good luck

you need to do toefl if you are a FTD [international dentist].

Last edited:
Hi Red,
While prep for NBDE is happening on one side,I also wanted to get my Sop & cv updated,kindly suggest some professional help in this regard.Thankyou for your help in preparation,I am focussed on getting in this year by putting in my best with god's grace.God bless you for your good work.

Hi Red ,
I came across ur thread .... grrt job....but nobody has ever discussed as to how to prepare a game plan for part 2....If you are done with Part 2 could you also begin telling the study material for part 2 ....also .... could u highlight about SOP also ...thanks a lot !!

dear friends,
i have a question for everyone and anyone who has any idea pl put your feedback.i gave my exams part 1 nbde and i got 80%, i did my exams really very well and i was 100% sure that i should get more that 87% but when i got my results i was shocked that it is way less then i expected.hence i am confused what to do now.should i accept the result and keep quite and write the exam again or pl advice me from your expirence do i apply for recorrection.has anyone ever heard anybody improving their marks by recorrection.please give me your esteem inputs.please.

dear friends,
i have a question for everyone and anyone who has any idea pl put your feedback.i gave my exams part 1 nbde and i got 80%, i did my exams really very well and i was 100% sure that i should get more that 87% but when i got my results i was shocked that it is way less then i expected.hence i am confused what to do now.should i accept the result and keep quite and write the exam again or pl advice me from your expirence do i apply for recorrection.has anyone ever heard anybody improving their marks by recorrection.please give me your esteem inputs.please.

Its really sad at the end of whole struggle if you do not get the score u desired .... I have never heard of people getting their scores improved on retotalling .... I would suggest you to again start planning for the same exam, as even if u apply for retotalling you will lose so much of your precious time in it which you could have equally devoted for a fruitful production ....All the best !!

Hi Red ,
I came across ur thread .... grrt job....but nobody has ever discussed as to how to prepare a game plan for part 2....If you are done with Part 2 could you also begin telling the study material for part 2 ....also .... could u highlight about SOP also ...thanks a lot !!

The nbde part 2 exam is actually more easy than part1
You need to make sure u can read xrays,Opgs,photos thats day 2, which is only cases,going back and forth thro these to answer each and every question is stressfull.
Day1 more straight forward,u need to do decks,mosby and kaplan q bank
Its a basic repetition of final year BDS
you need to do little more than basics from perio,types of flaps,root coverage procedures,clinical attachment levels,implant periodontitis
prosthetics ....treatment planning
oral path genetic disorders,bone skin lesions in deatil sp downs,lichenplanus
Pharm decks,flash cards,mosby and kaplan is enough
NBde part 2 is a test of stamina.
2 days 8hrs +4 Hrs

Last edited:
Thanks so much ...it will be a grrt help !!

The nbde part 2 exam is actually more easy than part1
You need to make sure u can read xrays,Opgs,photos thats day 2, which is only cases,going back and forth thro these to answer each and every question is stressfull.
Day1 more straight forward,u need to do decks,mosby and kaplan q bank
Its a basic repetition of final year BDS
you need to do little more than basics from perio,types of flaps,root coverage procedures,clinical attachment levels,impant periodontitis
prosthetics ....treatment planning
oral path genetic disorders,bone skin lesions in deatil sp downs,lichenplanus
Pharm decks,flash cards,mosby and kaplan is enough
NBde part 2 is a test of stamina.
2 days 8hrs +4 Hrs

dear friends,
hi ddo6 i too felt the samething but there is no other alternative.we have to study again.dont waste the time by thinking the past.i know it really hurts.i have wasted 2-3months precious time.u dont do that.i still didnt understand how people are getting 90's.:( i am so much frustrated with my preparation.

hello red,
i am having just kaplan usmle lecture notes but not getting videos.is there the same stuff in both the videos & lectre notes or they are different? i tried for videos but i couldn't get it.is there any way i can get it or should i go with lecture notes?

hello red,
i am having just kaplan usmle lecture notes but not getting videos.is there the same stuff in both the videos & lectre notes or they are different? i tried for videos but i couldn't get it.is there any way i can get it or should i go with lecture notes?

try ebay or torrents

Last edited:
Hi Red,
Thankyou for helping all of us everyday.Kindly suggest any kind of professional help in SOP & CV prep.Thankyou & if possible kindly guide us on Physiology Usmle dvd prep.

please let me know where to study microbiology from? are we supposed to study it in very detail ?iam messed up with all this help me, is it important to do each organism or basics or oral micro organisms ? and where from which topics are reallllllllllly imporatant. is it gud to do only first aid, decks and past papers for micro and immunology... plz reply

please let me know where to study microbiology from? are we supposed to study it in very detail ?iam messed up with all this help me, is it important to do each organism or basics or oral micro organisms ? and where from which topics are reallllllllllly imporatant. is it gud to do only first aid, decks and past papers for micro and immunology... plz reply
Micro do usml video lectures,you can finish micro in 3 days max
and its made so simple,i did that.
MICRO VIDEO comes in 5 parts
1.General Microbiology 2hr
2.Bacteria part 1 3hr
3.Bacteria part 2 2hr
4.Fungi and parasites 2hr
5.viruses 4 hr
6.Genetics and resistance 1hr
Good Luck

Last edited:
2.Bacteria part 1 3hr
3.Bacteria part 2 2hr
5.viruses 4 hr
Good Luck

Hi redroulette,

I really appreciate your helping nature and attitude towards all the new applicants.
Please help me with NBDE 1 preparation.I have just started my preparation and getting very tensed about the exam because I am unable to understand the topics when I am reading from USMLE lecture notes.I feel like I can never give the exam and even if I give I don't get a good score because I never read these topics before.I am comfortable with Micro and Path, apart from that everything seems very difficult to me.What should I do?/Please hepl me.You are the only one who can help me.

Thanks in advance
Waiting for your reply
2.Bacteria part 1 3hr
3.Bacteria part 2 2hr
5.viruses 4 hr
Good Luck

Hi redroulette,

I really appreciate your helping nature and attitude towards all the new applicants.
Please help me with NBDE 1 preparation.I have just started my preparation and getting very tensed about the exam because I am unable to understand the topics when I am reading from USMLE lecture notes.I feel like I can never give the exam and even if I give I don't get a good score because I never read these topics before.I am comfortable with Micro and Path, apart from that everything seems very difficult to me.What should I do?/Please hepl me.You are the only one who can help me.

Thanks in advance
Waiting for your reply

He can give you the tools, but in the end it comes down to your hard work. He can't take the test for you. Some things are difficult and take time to learn. Put in the effort, not everything comes natrual.

hii..
am new one to join this...
need help how to study and which books i can read....
n also where i can buy all tht books...
:confused:
really need some help...

Hi redroulette,

Thanks in advance
Waiting for your reply

Do the Usml videos when you do the lecture notes,they really help and make the dull boring process of studying very exciting
Biochemistry do the videos ,and also achland anatomy thats really cool

Last edited:
Do the Usml videos when you do the lecture notes,they really help and make the dull boring process of studying very exciting
Biochemistry do the videos ,and also achland anatomy thats really cool
Chk out the review on Biochemistry & Microbiology videos in the earlier post on this thread

Last edited:
Hey thankx for all ur help. I am studying according to ur guidence and I have a question, I am actually doing anatomy these days from Kaplan usmle and want to know how important are thorax, abdomen and inside detail like anatomy of respiratory system, circulatory system????
also cns is too much, do i need to memerize superficial or each and every detail? can u plz tell me important topics? and what about special embroyology like respiratory, circulatory embryology?? i did immunology from KAPLAN REVIEW BOOK coz i feel like its too much in USMLE book, is that ok??
Hi girly 79,better luck next time,and thank you smileartist for your time and replies on my thread,appreciate it.
Girly 79 try kaplan usmle video lectures which are too good ,they teach u from the scratch,All the videos teach u the most basics and then build up the complete subject,They are worth it,The notes correspond to the lecture and help us understand the video better.
I would recommend Biochem ,micro and physio most certainly.
ANatomy usmle is the best for histology,embry,head neck to this add ACHland videos and u are all set for a 90,it is vast only in CNS.
Path n micro the lectures make studying too easy,lil vast but worth the effort and time.
Top it with BRs anat,path,certain topics from lippencort ,guyton
Asda q bank from 1976-2006,decks for revision
YOu will rock next time around.

hello red,
i am having just kaplan usmle lecture notes but not getting videos.is there the same stuff in both the videos & lectre notes or they are different? i tried for videos but i couldn't get it.is there any way i can get it or should i go with lecture notes?[

Last edited:
Hey thankx for all ur help. I am studying according to ur guidence and I have a question, I am actually doing anatomy these days from Kaplan usmle and want to know how important are thorax, abdomen and inside detail like anatomy of respiratory system, circulatory system????
also cns is too much, do i need to memerize superficial or each and every detail? can u plz tell me important topics? and what about special embroyology like respiratory, circulatory embryology?? i did immunology from KAPLAN REVIEW BOOK coz i feel like its too much in USMLE book, is that ok??

Read my earlier posts on Cns and anatomy.
Will answer your queries after that.

Hi RED,
Kindly guide on Physio usmle dvds.....Physio was never my favorite & Dr.Douglas tone almost makes me go to sleep with all respect to his knowledge, is there a better way to make it interesting & easier....please reply

Hi RED,
Kindly guide on Physio usmle dvds.....Physio was never my favorite & Dr.Douglas tone almost makes me go to sleep with all respect to his knowledge, is there a better way to make it interesting & easier....please reply
Physiology Usml videos and lecture notes
Day 1
Chapter 1 is very important,red cell in saline ,glucose ,swells or shrinks
is a most common question,what happens to rbc in dehygration,during exercise
Chapter 2 is cell mechanics i know its a drag,but understanding this makes mechanics of cardiac cell,skeletal, smooth muscle easy.Get your basics right,there is always a question in the exam on muscle skeletal muscle & ca channels in contraction,we really have to know this
All this takes 4 hrs
Time for respiration ,i know the basics get repeated but you really have to know about pulmonary mechanics,hypoxia,respiratory distress,surfactant, the lectures take 3 hours to complte
Make your notes ,so you can make revision easy,you need to revise every other day ,your own hand written lecture notes are your bible for this.
Cardio vascular system is the best in the videos,i know it takes another 4 hours but in 2 days ,You can cover all this and excretory system.
Will review Cardio,excretory & endocrine tonight on my blog

Hi Red,
Thankyou for your prompt reply shall follow your advise , meanwhile looking forward to your blog explanations on cardio & the rest.Thanks again.God bless you.

Physiology Usml videos and lecture notes
Day 1
Chapter 1 is very important,red cell in saline ,glucose ,swells or shrinks
is a most common question,what happens to rbc in dehygration,during exercise
Chapter 2 is cell mechanics i know its a drag,but understanding this makes mechanics of cardiac cell,skeletal, smooth muscle easy.Get your basics right,there is always a question in the exam on muscle skeletal muscle & ca channels in contraction,we really have to know this
All this takes 4 hrs
Time for respiration ,i know the basics get repeated but you really have to know about pulmonary mechanics,hypoxia,respiratory distress,surfactant, the lectures take 3 hours to complte
Make your notes ,so you can make revision easy,you need to revise every other day ,your own hand written lecture notes are your bible for this.
Cardio vascular system is the best in the videos,i know it takes another 4 hours but in 2 days ,You can cover all this and excretory system.

CardioVascular system
Mean electrical axis of the heart ,anyone ??it is the most commonest question these days,it is in the lecture notes,though not discussed in the video.
Read my blog for the rest of the review on CVS
Click the link below